PDA

View Full Version : Collinite/Souveran Question

cls
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Guys.Currently Im using sealants on my black car(daily driver). Planning to use carnauba next month.Im thinking of Collinite IW-souveran combo. Can I apply souveran spray wax weekly/after every wash?Anyone tried this combo?

klumzypinoy
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
So you're using collinite IW with Souveran Spray on top, or SOuveran Paste Wax on top? I've read that it's better to stick with one wax, but if it's a spray wax you can top off any sort of protection with it. I think it's because the looks will diminish, but I'm not sure don't quote me on that :)

cls
11-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the reply.I only have souveran spray wax(gift from my sis)hehe.Now im looking at durable waxes that will suit manila's weather.Im thinking collinite IW is well known for its durabilty but not that great in terms of looks...so im guessing the spray wax would improve on that dept.correct me if im wrong.

klumzypinoy
11-13-2007, 03:42 AM
The spray wax is known to make waxes look better :). So you live in Manila ey, how hot is it over there? You should also try out sealants if you haven't. I have WOlfgang and it's my favorite sealant. There's also Meguiar's 21 sealant which a lot of people like. Sealant, top it with Collinite insulator wax, then spray some Souveran spray wax :). What kind of car do you have?

cls
11-13-2007, 04:16 AM
right now,its not that hot but quite humid though.ya i heard wolfang i a good sealant esp on black.im just finishing up my ksg.i usually buy detailing stuff there since we only have limited product here(mothers,meguires,eagle one...) i drive a black honda jazz(fit) for my daily driver and white crv.yup honda lover here=)you really dont need a fast car here because of the terrible traffic here.hehe.any chance of visiting the philippines?you really have to go to boracay and palawan.fine white sand beaches bro!hey thanks for the suggestions

btw, love your avatar.pacman is the best!

supercharged
11-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Just apply it monthly. After every wash use a QD.

cls
11-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Just apply it monthly. After every wash use a QD.
Thanks supercharged

trhland
11-13-2007, 05:27 AM
The spray wax is known to make waxes look better :). So you live in Manila ey, how hot is it over there? You should also try out sealants if you haven't. I have WOlfgang and it's my favorite sealant. There's also Meguiar's 21 sealant which a lot of people like. Sealant, top it with Collinite insulator wax, then spray some Souveran spray wax :). What kind of car do you have?
hey klumzypinoy is that shampoop page always going to follow u around?:D

Junebug
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I've found that Collinite doesn't need or play well with other toppers. I'm thinking of going back to Aquawax after it has a few washes on it, it really is the thickest wax I've ever seen on paint, looks great though just not as slick as some.

Surfer
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I'd recommend Collinite 915 over 845. As good if not better durability and slightly better looks (845 looks good though especially on silver). I'd use just a spray wax as a booster once a month and not bother layering Souveran over it.

cls
11-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks surfer and junebug!will check out 915

klumzypinoy
11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
right now,its not that hot but quite humid though.ya i heard wolfang i a good sealant esp on black.im just finishing up my ksg.i usually buy detailing stuff there since we only have limited product here(mothers,meguires,eagle one...) i drive a black honda jazz(fit) for my daily driver and white crv.yup honda lover here=)you really dont need a fast car here because of the terrible traffic here.hehe.any chance of visiting the philippines?you really have to go to boracay and palawan.fine white sand beaches bro!hey thanks for the suggestions

btw, love your avatar.pacman is the best!

Nice selection of vehicles. Yeah I hear traffic is bad there :p. I like the Honda Jazz it's a nice car. Nice choice of color too! I was looking at the poorboys website and they have a distributor in Philippines which I think is cool haha. I want to visit maybe next year my family will. Most likely going to Angeles City because that's where my mom's family is at. Maybe they'll let us go to Boracay and Palawan :D. How is the KSG holding up for you? Thanks for the compliment on the avatar :p.

Hahah yeah :D gotta love that shampoop!

supercharged
11-14-2007, 02:32 AM
maybe he like shampoop...:D:cheers:

klumzypinoy
11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
maybe he like shampoop...:D:cheers:

It all started when I asked what shampoop Paul Dalton uses :p