PDA

View Full Version : Will CarPro Reset remove Sonax Polymer Net Shield?

Hantra
12-20-2016, 03:30 PM
All:

I ran out of nice weather, and was unable to finish coating my vehicle before it got too cold. I used Sonax PNS for a section, just to get some protection on, despite the cold.

That said, I usually wash periodically with CarPro Reset, but I was curious if this would take off the Sonax PNS? Anyone tried it?

Thanks!

RaydiantDetail
12-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi Hantra, Carpro Reset should not strip away any LSP.
Its a pH neutral soap. I use it for maintenance washes regularly.

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-reset.html)

From the link above:

Developed for use with all CarPro Nanotechnology Sealants and Coatings including Reload, Hydro2, and CQuartz.* .
No gloss enhancers, No polymers, No wax inside.
Intelligent pH Surfactants provide a strong cleaning and foaming action, whilst remaining mild and pH-Neutral (7) in use.
Derived almost entirely from natural, organic and biodegradable ingredients; free from the harsh sodium and lauryl sulfate derivatives found in many shampoo products.
1:500 Dilution ratio allows for very economical cleaning.
Excellent lubrication and fresh smelling Aqua Marine scent make for a safe, and enjoyable wash experience.
Can be used as Snow foam shampoo as well.

Opti
12-20-2016, 03:49 PM
What the man above said.

Its a neutral car shampoo...It wont strip a thing...Its kinda too bad you applied PNS on that section because your gonna have to polish it again to remove it if you want to apply a coating. It wouldnt hurt to leave it bare paint for a few days and just wash it, IPA wipe and your good to go for the coating.

Hantra
12-20-2016, 03:59 PM
It wouldnt hurt to leave it bare paint for a few days and just wash it, IPA wipe and your good to go for the coating.

Yea. I waited for a good day to apply to these freshly painted panels after they cured, but it never came. I got a bit paranoid when I saw temps in the teens, so the first 40 degree day I saw, I threw PNS on just so I didn't go through winter with nothing on. I didn't bother polishing, just claying, since I knew I'd have to polish the PNS off.

For some reason, I was under the impression Reset would kill non-coatings. Thanks for the clarification.

ronkh57
12-20-2016, 04:26 PM
PNS is a coating

Rsurfer
12-20-2016, 04:34 PM
PNS is a coating

I thought polymers were sealants, Ron. Then again, what do I know.

ronkh57
12-20-2016, 04:50 PM

You are correct, but I thought I read somewhere that pns had both in it.

Anyway, there's a guy around here "coating" cars and selling product called coating containing poly charger..........

Hantra
12-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Every time I see that pic of your Z06, I feel like it should be marked NSFW.

ronkh57
12-20-2016, 04:53 PM

You are correct

From the sales page of pns

"Sonax Polymer Net Shield is formulated using advanced German technology to provide a level of paint protection that used to be exclusive to liquid paint sealants"