PDA

View Full Version : Reflections Detailing: Hemi Ram Mega-Cab

2001MineralGrayStang
11-12-2007, 08:40 PM
This was a huge truck and took almost 5 hours to do a farely simple detail. It was very dirty when I started but I didn't get any before pics, just a few afters. I had homework to do later in the day and wanted to get to work on it right away. The customer didn't want any polishing done before winter, just some protection, although it had some swirls, but nothing earth shattering. He didn't want the interior done either. He did mention he would call me in the spring and have me do a little more then. The owner was extremely happy with the finished result, and as was I considering I didn't do any polishing on it.

Here's the process.

Eagle One tire cleaner: Tires

ARO: Rims

AG Foam Gun w/ MGC and DP XF: Presoak

Rinsed with pressure washer.

Meguiars GC: Wash

Clay Bar: 3M

No Polish

LSP: WGDGPS

Tires: AA Gel

Wheel wells: AA Foam

Glass: SIG

Headlights/Taillights: DP Plastic Polish Spray

Finished Product!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCN0229.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCN0227.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCN0226.JPG

joe.p
11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
WG looks great on red..you did a nice job

klumzypinoy
11-12-2007, 11:53 PM
That red is poppin!! Doesn't seem like it needed a polishing, but I wonder what it's like under some hologens..

supercharged
11-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Looks pretty good. Great job!

2001MineralGrayStang
11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Yah it definately had swirls. It wasn't horrible, but needs polishing. I tried to talk him into it but he wasn't interested in paying for another 4-5 hours of labor. The paint was still pretty vibrant, you can really only see the swirls under direct lighting. He told me he'd bring it back to me after winter and probably have me do the inside and do some polishing on the outisde. BTW this thing had asphalt, tar, road paint, and tree sap all stuck to the outside of it. It took me the better part of 2 1/2 hours to clay bar it. It was a nightmare! Suffice to say that clay bar is done.

67Customs
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I can see why he was extremely happy.

:applause:

zaxjax
11-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Looks good!

I was just at the dealership looking at these, but in black!

97jeepman
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
MineralGray, How 'd you get your detailing business started??

Tonya
11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Beautiful! Love the red it looks very nice!

klumzypinoy
11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Yah it definately had swirls. It wasn't horrible, but needs polishing. I tried to talk him into it but he wasn't interested in paying for another 4-5 hours of labor. The paint was still pretty vibrant, you can really only see the swirls under direct lighting. He told me he'd bring it back to me after winter and probably have me do the inside and do some polishing on the outisde. BTW this thing had asphalt, tar, road paint, and tree sap all stuck to the outside of it. It took me the better part of 2 1/2 hours to clay bar it. It was a nightmare! Suffice to say that clay bar is done.

Sounds like that truck took a beating hahah. Hopefully you get to polish that truck soon.

2001MineralGrayStang
11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
MineralGray, How 'd you get your detailing business started??

I do it as a side job only. Perhaps one day it'll be a little more than that. I got some business cards made and hung them up at my real job and began to get a couple cars a month. I've done my parents vehicles and sent them to their jobs with some cards to help advertise a little more. I also give cards to clients to try and generate more business.

Referalls are awesome, if you have someone that just payed you $200+ to do their vehicle and they think they should've payed you more, that's huge! There is no better advertisement then people telling their friends, neighbors, and familly members to go to you. Or that you do the best work they've EVER seen. People trust others whom they've built up relationships with to make good un-biased recommendations.

I've also considered placing an ad from time to time in the Omaha World Herald (or your local paper) to help with business. I haven't done it yet but I'm thinking it's a good idea. I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but have a pretty good business model and I consider myself to be a pretty good businessman. Make sure you're confident in your abilities and can do the caliber of work that you're planning to charge for.

On a seperate note, I think the paint took such a beating from the big tires. They just look like they'd pick up anything.