PDA

View Full Version : carpro gloss pad???

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
12-18-2016, 10:06 AM
i just picked one up and im not a hundred percent clear on how to use it?. do you use it last after waxing with nothing else on it? thats what i got from he directions. can anyone clarify for me?

Eldorado2k
12-18-2016, 10:18 AM
i just picked one up and im not a hundred percent clear on how to use it?. do you use it last after waxing with nothing else on it? thats what i got from he directions. can anyone clarify for me?

No. Do Not use it dry. It's just a normL foam finishing pad. Prepare to be underwhelmed after reading its description and thinking it's floating down from heaven to pamper your paint and leave it glossy unlike anything you've ever imagined. Lol. IMO it's pretty meh... I think the Lake Country Flat Foam Finishing Pad delivers better results every time I've tested them side by side.

vobro
12-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes don't use it dry! It's a finishing pad to be used with a fine polish or similar, I like the pad as it's pretty durable and cleans up well. What directions said to use it dry?

fightnews
12-18-2016, 01:29 PM
well it said to use after compounding, polishing, and finishing so i just assumed that meant after finishing

fly07sti
12-18-2016, 01:59 PM
It's a very fine polishing pad. It was designed to be used with Essence. I've used them numerous times on many machines and have always achieved great results. They are also very durable.

GSKR
12-18-2016, 03:22 PM
It's a very fine polishing pad. It was designed to be used with Essence. I've used them numerous times on many machines and have always achieved great results. They are also very durable.
Agree works great with essence.In combination with the pad and essence is night and day on any color even white.And the pads are cheap in cost as well.

Mantilgh
12-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Are these pads stiff of soft?

Zubair
12-18-2016, 04:05 PM

Softest pad available.

GSKR
12-18-2016, 04:14 PM
I had the same mind set,oh it's just another pad for them to make more money.so I used it this weekend with essence and it's a proven system it Deos enhanced gloss to the max.

MarkD51
12-18-2016, 04:32 PM
With all this being said, would any of you feel there would be a close equivalent within the Lake Country line?

If you say it is very soft, then how would the LC Red, or Black Flat Pads compare?

Mantilgh
12-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Thanks, I've tried their Flash Pads and they were very firm, but I guess they are at opposite ends of the scale from each other.

MikeC78
12-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Never used the gloss pad, but from of the sounds of this thread they would compare to an LC thinpro finishing black pad?

Zubair
12-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Never used the gloss pad, but from of the sounds of this thread they would compare to an LC thinpro finishing black pad?

Correct

Zubair
12-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Thanks, I've tried their Flash Pads and they were very firm, but I guess they are at opposite ends of the scale from each other.

The Flash pads are absolutely amazing, they turn a simple PC24 into a rotary for correction. I don't need mf or wool with these babies.

TTQ B4U
12-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Agree works great with essence.In combination with the pad and essence is night and day on any color even white.And the pads are cheap in cost as well.

^^ this. Used it on my S4 and our Van when applying Essence and Essence Plus.

Very soft but very dense if that makes sense. Better than the traditional L.C. Black pad for using with a very fine polish or wax for Jeweling, hence why they recommend it with Essence.