PDA

View Full Version : When will Autogeek finally tie their store website to their inventory control?

DBAILEY
12-17-2016, 04:57 AM
Why does it always seem to take AG too long to update their website that an item is not available and is on back order? Tired of ordering products that state they are available only to come to find they are not in stock. Why doesn't the website update on its own as products are ordered and there are zero left in inventory? Does not seem far fetch or too complicated to accomplish this.

RANT over.

Meghan
12-17-2016, 06:33 AM
Appreciate the feedback and that is something that actually was immediately put on the calendar when Vision took over the company in November.
We will have an inventory system fully in place very soon, we have already started the process so please give us a little time and it will be up and running.
And if you give me your order number I can look into your backorder for you.

fly07sti
12-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Appreciate the feedback and that is something that actually was immediately put on the calendar when Vision took over the company in November.
We will have an inventory system fully in place very soon, we have already started the process so please give us a little time and it will be up and running.
And if you give me your order number I can look into your backorder for you.

It's customer service like this that keeps me as a loyal customer.

Mike@ShineStruck
12-17-2016, 12:25 PM
No big deal to me

Just let us order BO products so we can still get them discounted for sales :-P

DBAILEY
12-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Thank you Meghan. That will be a welcomed improvement.

DBAILEY
02-13-2018, 11:44 AM
I guess the website and inventory control is still not in place. Made a small order for 2 products on Friday that I will need this weekend. Neither was on sale, just used the sales promotion that was going on. Thought to myself this morning that I haven't had an emails from AG since Friday night confirming the order. Checked on the order and both items are on backorder. Neither item showed it was on backorder on Friday or even still today on the AG store.

PBMG stores get probably 85% of my purchases. However, there are other places to order these products from that I would have used had I had known you did not have them in stock. I am going to have to use a different coating on this customer's car now and not the one they requested.

Eldorado2k
02-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Same here... And you’ve only been waiting since Friday? Heck I placed an order last Sunday [9 days ago] for a gallon of a specific product that said it was good in stock, only to receive an email a couple of days later telling me it’s on backorder... I just checked AG site and it still says it’s good in stock even though apparently its sold out and my order still hasn’t shipped nor have I got any update on the money I’ve spent.

I tried to buy a Griots PFM a few weeks back and the same exact thing happened. No dice and I couldn’t even take advantage of the microfiber sale because AG site said out of stock and “they hadn’t updated the Autopia site” so it wasn’t actually good in stock...

It’s bad enough I gotta wait over a week for it to arrive when it finally does ship. Rant over.

Eldorado2k
02-13-2018, 12:10 PM
I just called CS to ask about my order and also let them know about the inventory situation on the wedsite. I was informed just now that a 2nd item I ordered is on backorder as well even though both of them show good in stock on the site. Oh well.

DBAILEY
02-13-2018, 05:22 PM
I called them to question the back order and ask why I can still order both items. 'Website has not been updated'

I guess at least not in the last 5 days. That does instill much confidence. That'll be on my mind next time I really need something quickly.

Funny how updates to post in this Customer Comments section do not present on the HOME page post activity.

Eldorado2k
02-14-2018, 09:04 AM
I called them to question the back order and ask why I can still order both items. 'Website has not been updated'

Well it looks like our conversations with CS did nothing, because both of the items that were backordered for me still show “good in stock and available to ship”

I’ll say this.. A few years back I was in charge of inventory control of a 200,000 sq. Ft. warehouse filled with aluminum extrusion & sheet metal of all kinds. Not only did I know that whole warehouse like the back of my hand [because I was part of a 2 man team that organized everything from the mess it once was] but my inventory was on point, so good that there was rarely anything backordered or lost to the point where I couldn’t figure out what happened to it... Someone’s slacking off bigtime.

Oh btw yesterday a co worker of mine hit me up about his recently purchased used minivan... I’ve sort of been dreading the day he’d get back to me about it because you know how “minivans” usually are [Large + usually trashed to the max inside & out]

Well I ordered a gallon of Renny Doyles Double Black Carpet & Upholstery Bomber because I’ve been searching for something that excels at cleaning nasty interiors. Unfortunately it’s looking like I’ll suffer the same fate as you next weekend wishing I had my new product for the job at hand. With my luck it’ll arrive the day after I needed it. [emoji19] [or more like next month once it finally comes off backorder status]

Btw I asked if I could somehow get expedited shipping once they get some in stock since I’ve already paid and been waiting a while, and my request was denied. [emoji19]

DBAILEY
02-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Made another order yesterday with the 25% coupon. All 5 items are showing as unavailable on the order status. All 5 ate still available for purchase.

Not a good trend

Eldorado2k
03-04-2018, 01:20 AM
Well I’m happy to report that everything worked out in the end and then some..
I received an unexpected phone call from Andre@AG this past Tues. to inform me that the items I had ordered were ready to ship to me and he also wanted to know if I was still interested in adding some more items to my order [I had asked this question during my previous phonecall]

Well it turns out he couldn’t have picked a better day to call because that’s the day that everything Griots Garage happened to be on sale... So that day the Large Griots PFM was on sale for $29.95 minus the 22% off sale that they were nice enough to allow me to add on to.. Brought the final price of the PFM to $23 bucks![emoji2] Sweet Deal.

Thanks Andre.[emoji1417]