PDA

View Full Version : Is there an advantage to use a pad or microfiber cleaner

RobThom
12-16-2016, 10:53 PM
I am waiting to place my yearend restock purchase. I am debating on a Polishing Pad/microfiber Rejuvenator. Is it any better then using Tide or All free & clear? And if so how long will the mix last?

Thanks

Eldorado2k
12-16-2016, 11:03 PM
They're 3 totally different things. The Mckee's polishing pad cleaner is a spray that you directly use on a dry pad, allow to soak/dwell for a minute or longer and then you're able to rinse it completely clean with a strong stream of water [I lay them on my grit guard and use the hose nozzle] I really like this product and keep it on my shelf.

The microfiber cleaner is a detergent. I've never used this particular one... I do use 3D Towel Kleen and I'm very happy with it, about to put it in my cart right now cuz I'm almost out of it.

Polishing Pad Rejuvenator says you drop a scoop of it into a bucket of water and let it soak, then you clean your pads as normL and they're supposed to come out like new. I've never tried this 1 either, so I can't provide much more info than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
12-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Yes. I enjoy using Snappy Kleen packets. Works great and rinses free with ease. I use it on my pads. MF Wise I use All Free as we do for all our wash stuff. Have had zero issues getting them clean. Door jamb and wheel MF which are my lower quality thin ones get soaked in detergent for a couple days and then rinse and washed.

The Guz
12-17-2016, 12:49 AM
They're 3 totally different things. The Mckee's polishing pad cleaner is a spray that you directly use on a dry pad, allow to soak/dwell for a minute or longer and then you're able to rinse it completely clean with a strong stream of water [I lay them on my grit guard and use the hose nozzle] I really like this product and keep it on my shelf.

The microfiber cleaner is a detergent. I've never used this particular one... I do use 3D Towel Kleen and I'm very happy with it, about to put it in my cart right now cuz I'm almost out of it.

Polishing Pad Rejuvenator says you drop a scoop of it into a bucket of water and let it soak, then you clean your pads as normL and they're supposed to come out like new. I've never tried this 1 either, so I can't provide much more info than that.

You have to try poorboys microfiber cleaner one of these days. I like it much better than 3D. Worth the extra cost.

Eldorado2k
12-17-2016, 01:01 AM
You have to try poorboys microfiber cleaner one of these days. I like it much better than 3D. Worth the extra cost.

I didn't pull the trigger on my purchase tonight. I was so undecided at the last moment and plus my cheapo was kicking in to make things worse. Lol.
At the last minute I noticed the sale has been extended for another day, so I'm gonna re think whether I actually need some of that stuff or just get what I need vs. what my impulse says to get.

But I definitely need some microfiber detergent because I'm almost out. I'll check it out, but if it's considerably more expensive then I dunno.. How much better does it actually do? Does it remove built in stains or something other soaps can't do?

My cat's being good and sleeping in her microfiber bed...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161217/b03f6bfcc6e3ab91129a4ab5a4d17714.jpg

I don't need my towels getting so amazingly soft to where she tries to sneak in a nap on them everyday. Lol.

The Guz
12-17-2016, 02:12 AM
In my personal opinion it cleans better and makes the towels feel softer. Of course it will not remove heavy stains like most detergents.

fightnews
12-17-2016, 04:41 AM
i like the griots microfiber cleaner i put it in addition to tide free

RobThom
12-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

I think I am going to add one to the order.

Paul A.
12-17-2016, 03:36 PM
I received a freebie of the Wolfgang Pad cleaner stuff (forget the exact name) and it is fantastic. My former method for cleaning pads was with APC and completely flushing it out with fresh water then drying. The Wolfgang pad cleaner blows that method away!

Klasse Act
12-17-2016, 04:08 PM
3D Towel Kleen is back in stock, stuff works great and is well under $20 for a gallon, then factor in the free shipping and 20% off and it can't be beaten!

TTQ B4U
12-17-2016, 04:38 PM
3D Towel Kleen is back in stock, stuff works great and is well under $20 for a gallon, then factor in the free shipping and 20% off and it can't be beaten!

You owe me $18 less 20% now! Dang you! Added it to my car for an order I'll be placing today.

Is this a good pad cleaner then too or should I stick with Snappy Kleen?

ducksfan
12-17-2016, 11:47 PM
In my limited first uses of Snappy Clean, I don't think anything I've used works as well on pads or towels. I used it in smaller batches at a higher concentration (One packet in a gallon of distilled water). I think the best price is the 12 pack in the Lake Country section. Click on the 3 pack - it's down below.

I think the pad cleaner I presently have is Wolfgang. I've also used other cleaners.

Houdini5150
12-18-2016, 12:34 AM
I r just been using all free, let towels pre soak for a bit then wash in washer.... Don't have expensive towels to take care of....