PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Lake country CCS pads

jmj540
12-16-2016, 12:29 AM
Hello all, I am a T-7 para in a wheelchair for 26 years now, I have a PC 7424 that has served me very well over the years. I have a old Dewalt orbital that I use 3M pads to do my inclosed car trailer with, but for a Para, it can be a handfull keeping under control, that is why i changed to a 7424 DA to save my shoulders and make detailing more enjoyable years ago. My question for all of you is , I have been researching better quality machines and the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto is a highly rated machine. I have a rather large collection of Lake country CCS pads ( mostly 6.5", 5.5" and 3" ), will my pad collection work with the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto ? My plan is to change the PC 7424 to a dedicated 3" machine and use the Rupes as my main buffer. With the CCS pad work well with the 12mm throw ? I did a forum search and nothing really clear came up. I would really like to stick with my CCS pad collection, they have worked extremely well for me, ( 2001 GMC black luxury van, 2010 Ford E350 daily driver, and a 582ci 70 chevelle show car ), I know how to use each pad and what limitations each have. I do not know if the hook and loop backing plate is only for "Rupes" dedicated pads, or if the CCS pads are better used with a 8mm machine, the other DA that seems highly rated is the GG6. Any info, tips or suggestions that you can give to guide me toward a quality DA that will work the best for me are greatly appreciated ! Thank you! Jay.

dlc95
12-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Jay, have no fear of using your ccs pads on your Duetto. I haven't had a problem with them at all. However, when I step outside the Rupes pad system I will install the "washer mod".

The hook and loop locks pretty tight, but so does my Lake Country plates.

The machine you have, the 1st gen PC is the tool I reach for more than anything else. With the advent of microfiber pad technology, and compatible, modern abrasives, There isn't much you can't do with that machine.

Mantilgh
12-16-2016, 09:07 AM
Dlc95 is this first person I thought of when I read this thread. :dblthumb2:

I have the Duetto as my main machine and love it. I use LC pads(Flat pads) and the loop for the pads and Rupes backing plate seem to engage well.

I have a HF DA as a back up that I'm waiting to get the new Griots Garage 3" HD backing plate for. I'm hoping this plate will be well balanced with it and run smooth.