PDA

View Full Version : McKee's 37 Clay issue?

ryansmk7
12-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone, long time lurker here and finally decided to join!

I recently purchased quite a few products during the Black Friday sale, majority of which were McKee's 37. One thing I have noticed using the clay bar kit is that the clay is excessively dry, to the point that when I try to knead it it'll just crumble and fall apart. I was wondering if this is normal behavior? I have not experienced this behavior in the past when using Meguiars or Mothers products. I have tried soaking the clay in clay lube and even hot water hoping to making it better but it hasn't changed much.

I tried searching but could not find much on this topic, any insight is appreciated!

Mantilgh
12-14-2016, 12:10 PM
Give them a call.

Here's a similar thread from just recently.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/mckees-37/106105-mckees-clay-seems-dry.html

ryansmk7
12-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Wow, don't know how I missed that! Thank you for the link.

Mantilgh
12-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Ha, no problem! I found it in the "Similar Threads" box at the bottom of the page.

ryansmk7
12-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Lol thank you

Nick McKees37
12-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Hey everyone, long time lurker here and finally decided to join!

I recently purchased quite a few products during the Black Friday sale, majority of which were McKee's 37. One thing I have noticed using the clay bar kit is that the clay is excessively dry, to the point that when I try to knead it it'll just crumble and fall apart. I was wondering if this is normal behavior? I have not experienced this behavior in the past when using Meguiars or Mothers products. I have tried soaking the clay in clay lube and even hot water hoping to making it better but it hasn't changed much.

I tried searching but could not find much on this topic, any insight is appreciated!

We had a handful of clay bars that were defective. Fortunately we caught it pretty quickly, but I regret hearing that you received a defective bar. Give customer service a call and they will replace it for you. 1-800-869-3011

ryansmk7
12-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Thanks Nick, will call later on my lunch break.