PDA

View Full Version : Just another Reload tough to wipe down thread.

runrun411
12-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Hi geeker friends,
i last night I coated the roof of my wife's black car with CQuartz and let it sit overnight to cure. Early this morning before I left for work I topped it with Reload. As I'm sure most of you know Reload is pretty good until you go to wipe it clean from dark or black paint. I didn't think it was too bad but you can clearly see a hint of smearing after the final wipe. Should I spray it down with Ech2o? I was concidering using a wax like BF Blackice.

GSKR
12-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Just level out the smearing.

GSKR
12-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Did you spray it directly over paint or did you use a microtowel for your application.

chefwong
12-13-2016, 08:35 PM
RunRun -

What's the date code on yours...
I had mid year 2013. Hated it...Even cut 1:1 for dark paint

My Reload late summer 2016 dated bLeW my mind. Night and Day difference.
Black Paint.
MF with Reload. Followed up with a dry MF. Things were going really well. Too well. No holograms, no smearing....just what I thought Reload should have been as a topper on my coated car - aka, added slickness.

Things went so well, I decided to try it sprayed on paint, then buff and spread. No difference in application.
Upon final pass/walkaround as I was chasing a drip, I noticed 1 spot that has some residual - this was about 45 minutes later from initial application. Spritzed it with Reload and wiped off clean.

I don't know what's in the latest batch as threads suggest that my year batch is the same/very similar formula of my 2013. But there is def. a difference ....

The key is good lighting and checking the same panel at all angles as you go IMO.

Rsurfer
12-13-2016, 08:38 PM
It's too late now, but next time get a damp mf and give it a light wipe.

runrun411
12-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Did you spray it directly over paint or did you use a microtowel for your application.

I applied it directly on the paint but spread it on evenly

RunRun -

What's the date code on yours...
I had mid year 2013. Hated it...Even cut 1:1 for dark paint

My Reload late summer 2016 dated bLeW my mind. Night and Day difference.
Black Paint.
MF with Reload. Followed up with a dry MF. Things were going really well. Too well. No holograms, no smearing....just what I thought Reload should have been as a topper on my coated car - aka, added slickness.

Things went so well, I decided to try it sprayed on paint, then buff and spread. No difference in application.
Upon final pass/walkaround as I was chasing a drip, I noticed 1 spot that has some residual - this was about 45 minutes later from initial application. Spritzed it with Reload and wiped off clean.

I don't know what's in the latest batch as threads suggest that my year batch is the same/very similar formula of my 2013. But there is def. a difference ....

The key is good lighting and checking the same panel at all angles as you go IMO.

My version is the 2014. They said at that time this was the new version to eliminate streaking.

chefwong
12-13-2016, 09:07 PM
I don't know what the specific batch date code is.....but there was a batch of 2014 with increased Si02 if I recall, that was a application issue for many......

I had pre date the *funky bunch batch* and still had issues.
I was a skeptic on ever reusing it, but after coating one of our DD pre winter prep, this newest batch I have is a totally different product than my former batch FWIW.

Eraser it and maybe order a new bottle. You might be just as surprised as I was !
I would do the MF application 1st and then if all is going well, do the spray to panel.

AutowerxDetailing
12-14-2016, 12:29 AM
The older version of Reload, when they originally tweaked the formula, had some streaking issues... Especially in colder temps. The newest version is awesome though. I just used some today on a coated turbo s in 40° weather with no problems.

Try spraying some echo with your Reload. It should enable it to flash off quicker and help eliminate the streaking problems. Also I have noticed that some towels just don't work very well with Reload unless they are a little damp.