PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing swirls from RV?

david b
12-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Need help deciding which product will remove swirls from a 38 foot 2014 Challenger Coach? Father-in-law purchased it brand new and I told him "don't touch the paint". He touched the paint(enough to make a grown man cry). Thinking of purchasing the McKee's RV product line. Will AIO Cleaner Wax & Sealant do the job or should I step up to the McKee's RV One Step Compound? Other product lines worth considering? Working with two PC 7424xp's and LC 5.5 flat pads(yellow, orange, white). Need to knock this out in one step.

Thanks in advance!

sanson12
12-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Hey David, what I would recommend for your situation is 3M's Marine Cleaner and Wax. Meguiars makes a great cleaner wax as well but i started with 3M and just keep on using it. The key to using this is both tool/arm speed and having a clean pad. I would set the PC to 4.5 pair it with the LC orange pad and move at 2 inches per second. Three passes should do the trick . Just used this method today on a slightly oxidized trailer today. Hope this helps!

GSKR
12-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Need help deciding which product will remove swirls from a 38 foot 2014 Challenger Coach? Father-in-law purchased it brand new and I told him "don't touch the paint". He touched the paint(enough to make a grown man cry). Thinking of purchasing the McKee's RV product line. Will AIO Cleaner Wax & Sealant do the job or should I step up to the McKee's RV One Step Compound? Other product lines worth considering? Working with two PC 7424xp's and LC 5.5 flat pads(yellow, orange, white). Need to knock this out in one step.

Thanks in advance!

When it comes to working on these huge projects there are no shortcuts.personally if you hired me to do that,I would use sonax cut and finish followed by a good sealer such as powerlock or collinite fleetwax.That system may take a little longer than a aio but it will be truly swirl free and glistening.