PDA

View Full Version : mouse infestation

dano126
12-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I received a call from a client to clean his truck which has been sitting a few years. He says there has been mice living in the truck. Does anyone have any experience with cleaning up after mice. what equipment did you use ? Products and odor elimination. Safety equipment ? I haven't seen it yet.

TTQ B4U
12-12-2016, 02:07 PM
May sound silly but just be careful that there aren't still any living in it when you bring it to your place. I'd be afraid of that!

Mike Honcho
12-12-2016, 02:18 PM
He's got more problems than getting it clean. I'd be more worried about all the wires they chewed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Dan K
12-12-2016, 03:22 PM
I received a call from a client to clean his truck which has been sitting a few years. He says there has been mice living in the truck. Does anyone have any experience with cleaning up after mice. what equipment did you use ? Products and odor elimination. Safety equipment ? I haven't seen it yet.

It really depends on where the mice have nested. After a few years they could have been anywhere inside the dash, heater box, vents, you name it. They will travel absolutely everywhere. In some cases these areas may not be accessible without removing the dash. If you don't find the nest you will never get the smell out, as the nest will be full of feces and urine. It is especially problematic if they urinated and deficated in the air ducts and such.

I had a nest in an F350 on the inside of the firewall for probably 2 or 3 years before I found it. Had an intermittent smell but was hard to pinpoint; originally thought it was coming from somewhere in the engine compartment. I had to pull the wiper arms and wiper cowl panel to access the area.

Good luck if you decide to tackle this one. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I've seen trucks left outside for years like the one you are talking about that were not worth repairing because of the damage and smell from mice.

ronkh57
12-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Start with a couple of cats...........

(as someone said, you don't need mice at your place, or biting you when you're brave enough to stick your hands where you can't see)

Dan K
12-12-2016, 03:28 PM
May sound silly but just be careful that there aren't still any living in it when you bring it to your place. I'd be afraid of that!

Agree. I bought a car to fix up when I was younger. Brought in home and parked it in our unattached garage, not realizing that a rat had made its home in the underhood insulation. Found it there dead with a stockpile of Dcon that we had put out once we learned of the unwanted guest.