PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun qu?estions

Excessive Detail
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Well I finally got my foam gun and played around with it last night, that thing is so cool, anyway, my question is, on average how much soap do ya'll use per car and can I use the foam gun to clay with, meaning laying down a layer of foam for lube, also is it me or does it seem that you use more soap with a foam gun than just normal bucket washing?
Oh yea, I also got the edge pad kit and I used the finishing pad to put some wax on my car, those pads rock, I don't think I could go back to normal pads with the hook and loop after using the edge pads, I really like how they are always centered and they are easy to change and basically two pads in one.
Thanks

Neothin
06-28-2006, 06:08 PM
i go through just as much soap with a gun as i would with just a two bucket method.

i wash kinda weird though. I use both the gun, and a conventional two bucket method together, so i use double the soap per wash.

abrcrombe
06-28-2006, 07:27 PM
When I first got my soap, I went through the bottle SUPER quick. This was probably because I put the soap in the container and then the water. This time, I did what Neo suggested. Fill a gallon milk carton with water. Add about 5 oz of soap. Shake it, then pour it in the container. I was able to do the whole car and didn't even use half the container. Quart bottle too. I used the 1/64 setting and it worked perfectly.

ScottB
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
2 ounces of soap to 6-8 ounces of water in canister is average. You can use slightly more, but anything more than that is likely wasting product.

abrcrombe
06-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Do you pre-mix like Neo? I like the whole pre-mix idea. Just pour it in and go!