PDA

View Full Version : Temperature for DGPS 12 hour curing?

BudgetPlan1
12-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Starting to use some stuff that I bought and never got around to using this summer and one of those things in WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Have a place (work) that is a dry warehouse (and plenty of vehicles to mess around with) so that`s not an issue but we sure don`t leave the heat on all night.

Trying a few things on our construction/plow truck ( What did you do detailing wise today? (http://www.autopia.org/forums/everything-else/40717-detailing-wise-81.html#post2085746) )and wanna try the DGPS + Fuzion on it. During the day the temps are about 55-60 degrees inside so after doing a little compound/polish on the truck I can easily apply the DGPS, let it haze for 30-45 minutes and wipe it off in 55-60 degree temps. The next 12 hours (overnite) it`s quite possible the temps will drop to low 50`s/hi 40`s inside the warehouse. Think this will compromise the curing/bonding process?

ronkh57
12-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Starting to use some stuff that I bought and never got around to using this summer and one of those things in WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Have a place (work) that is a dry warehouse (and plenty of vehicles to mess around with) so that`s not an issue but we sure don`t leave the heat on all night.

Trying a few things on our construction/plow truck ( What did you do detailing wise today? (http://www.autopia.org/forums/everything-else/40717-detailing-wise-81.html#post2085746) )and wanna try the DGPS + Fuzion on it. During the day the temps are about 55-60 degrees inside so after doing a little compound/polish on the truck I can easily apply the DGPS, let it haze for 30-45 minutes and wipe it off in 55-60 degree temps. The next 12 hours (overnite) it`s quite possible the temps will drop to low 50`s/hi 40`s inside the warehouse. Think this will compromise the curing/bonding process?

IMHO, I wouldn't worry about the "cure" it may take a little longer. What I might worry is condensation....

FUNX650
12-06-2016, 05:25 PM
IMHO, I wouldn't worry about the "cure"
it may take a little longer.

What I might worry is condensation....
^^^This^^^

Also...
I don't top WDGPS with anything
other than another coat of WDGPS.
{YMMV}

Bob

BudgetPlan1
12-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Sounds like all will be well then. Never any condensation in there until it gets below zero outside.

Finally going thru the cabinet of "That looks cool..." sale purchases and actually giving them a try. Finally tried HD Speed and it's cool and all and certainly has its place but I guess I just don't have a need for something with the limited longevity of it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk