PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor vs vac

Foam cannon
12-03-2016, 10:13 PM
So I've been wondering is there a down fall to using you vac to blow out interiors? Wondering if I should buy an air compressor or just use my vac (haven't bothered to try it yet)

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

ShineDoc
12-04-2016, 12:24 AM
I bought a 5.7 CFM DeWALT air compressor for my tornador. I have found many uses for it since. I bought a Milton air squrter 3" and 12". These have proven very useful. The Tornador black with the shop vac attachment is the best thing going for interiors.

I hope this helps.
James

Mantilgh
12-04-2016, 12:36 AM
I don't think that the vac/blowers can provide as much concentrated force as a blast from a air gun blow out tool powered by a good compressor.

It might do alright though, doesn't hurt to try.

Mike@ShineStruck
12-04-2016, 07:47 AM
Too bad they couldn't make the black more CFM efficient
So you could run compressor and shop vac under 15amps
But nothing inverter/generator can't fix

GSKR
12-04-2016, 08:13 AM
If your doing this full time you will need a compressor,if not stick with the vac and make it work as you will not be doing many cars per year.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I don't have a dedicated "mobile rig," so I do not have an air compressor. I use my Master Blaster with an extension hose and a seat crevice tool to blow out hard to reach areas when doing interiors. Would an actual air compressor be better? Yes. But I get by with no problem and don't feel as if I lose time.