PDA

View Full Version : Really grimy door panels

Pages : [1] 2

briarpatch
12-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Like the title says....I was doing the exterior of a Silverado 2500 HD today, and I thought I'd clean up the door panels a little just as a bonus. These are light beige, and filthy. Tried Griots interior cleaner...didn't make a dent in the dirt. These have a textured surface, and the dirt/stains/spilled coffee seem like their completely embedded in the plastic. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get these clean? I should have taken pics, but was really pressed for time....these bigger vehicles take a lot out of me.

LEDetailing
12-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Soft nylon brush (toothbrush or cut-down bristles on paint brush) on hard textured plastic with an APC. Wipe clean with a MF towel.

If the APC is safe to use on plastic let it dwell for a minute or two to loosen/soften up the dirt and embedded gunk.

briarpatch
12-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Soft nylon brush (toothbrush or cut-down bristles on paint brush) on hard textured plastic with an APC. Wipe clean with a MF towel.

If the APC is safe to use on plastic let it dwell for a minute or two to loosen/soften up the dirt and embedded gunk.

Thank you...will give that a try

NickZ28
12-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Steam clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
12-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Steam clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

That thought occurred to me....don't have a steamer....Christmas is coming, I guess

WAXOFF
12-03-2016, 09:15 PM
If you can afford it buy a Tornador. One of the best tools in my arsenal.

TTQ B4U
12-03-2016, 10:25 PM
If you can afford it buy a Tornador. One of the best tools in my arsenal.

What compressor are you running with yours?

Audios S6
12-03-2016, 11:47 PM
What compressor are you running with yours?

Note that you didn't ask me the question, I'm simply giving my feedback.

I have a 60 gallon 5hp for fixed use and a 6 gallon 2.5 hp for mobile use.

With the 6 gallon, I can do just the right size area before wiping off, but then need to wait for the tank to refill.

With the 60 gallon, I can work continuously. Maybe have to wait a short time after doing 2 interior panels or 1/4 of an engine bay but it's back up to pressure by the time I'm done wiping. If I were to just hold the trigger, the 60 gallon wouldn't keep up forever either. I wouldn't get anything bigger than the 60 gallon though.

GSKR
12-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Pinnacle vinyl and leather cleaner.or mckees fast interior cleaner diluted.sometimes I take a different route and use tons of sprayway foaming glass cleaner.its cheap you can spray it without overspray getting on paint doesn't discolor anything great for cup holders all vinyl and it's not as harsh.If I get a 2 year old car that's all I will use even on the carpet.call me crazy but till you try it you will be happy.

Mrguy57
12-04-2016, 11:07 AM

:iagree:
When panels are super dirty I have a bucket with 2 gal. Of clean water close by to rinse my brush out between each section.

TTQ B4U
12-04-2016, 11:16 AM
McCulloch MC1385 has been awesome for me. Works super fast and without any chemicals.

LEDetailing
12-04-2016, 01:52 PM
McCulloch MC1385 has been awesome for me. Works super fast and without any chemicals.

Plastic Door panels, door jambs, carpet stains, and grungy cup holders sound like a place where a steamer excels. Why don't I have one of these magical machines:)

Mrguy57
12-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Plastic Door panels, door jambs, carpet stains, and grungy cup holders sound like a place where a steamer excels. Why don't I have one of these magical machines:)
My mc1375 just landed on my door step! Can't wait to try it out. I Wanted the 1385 but found mine on sale.

LEDetailing
12-04-2016, 02:53 PM
My mc1375 just landed on my door step! Can't wait to try it out. I Wanted the 1385 but found mine on sale.

Congrats on the new machine. Let us know how it works:) happy steam cleaning

Mad Wax
12-04-2016, 04:35 PM
This brush with Optimum Power Clean diluted 3/1 will cut through that grime. Just don't forget to rinse as OPC is strong stuff and shouldn't be left on there.

Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html)