PDA

View Full Version : Capro DLUX cap broken

58LesPaul
12-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone else? I try to get the cap on as tight as possible to keep air out and the cap is breaking apart.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/jtindle/IMG_2043.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/jtindle/media/IMG_2043.jpg.html)

Setec Astronomy
12-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I understand you want it tight, but you can't over tighten those caps or they split like that.

zmcgovern45
12-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Yup - I've done it to several coating bottles... good thing I keep several empty bottles on hand to rob caps from. If you don't have an extra cap you're probably SOL... DLUX will harden within a day if left exposed to air (I've accidentally left the cap off of a bottle).

MarkD51
12-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Yep, I've had that exact same thing happen to the very first bottle of DLX I ever bought. Split just like you show.

Luckily, I was at the end of the Bottle, and was able to use up the last bit on a couple things quickly before the product went bad.

For sure, you have to be careful how tight you go with these caps. Carpro should go with at least a cap re-design IMO.

And the next bottle I bought, no problems as I was then "wiser", and like mentioned, I kept the empty bottles, just in case, for that spare Cap.

The Guz
12-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Put some silicone on it for the time being to seal the cap and see if that helps. Or some epoxy.

DaveT435
12-03-2016, 07:30 PM
I've received new bottles of CQuartz with the cap like that.

ShineDoc
12-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Happened to me many times. All car pro products use cheap packaging. Take a C clamp and attached to the bottle and you'll be good to go and it won't go bad on you.

Mantilgh
12-04-2016, 12:41 AM
That's a good idea with the "C" clamp if you have one. Wouldn't want to over tighten that either.

1EdgeKilla
12-04-2016, 02:02 AM
Plastic wrap layered a few times and a rubber band

Avi@CarPro
12-04-2016, 04:19 AM
Even if its crack at the side , the inner sealing looks still holding it tight, there is small hole shape that goes inside the inner dropper and close it,should be ok
so i wouldnt worry too much, just make sure next time not to over tight the caps.

MarkD51
12-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Put some silicone on it for the time being to seal the cap and see if that helps. Or some epoxy.

That's a good idea. To just loosen the cap ever so slightly while still on the bottle, it then usually looks like it goes back together, then bond the crack with a two part permatex epoxy gotten basically anywhere.

It surely is worth the cost and work to insure these products won't go bad on you. 15-20 minutes later you can then snug the cap a little better and then be worry free.