PDA

View Full Version : Who has a detail mix/cocktail they like?

Pages : [1] 2

Moeman
12-02-2016, 05:59 PM
So my detailer for a while has been Meguirs QD + Klasse SG and in higher concentration the Ultimate QD + more SG. This to me over Klasse AIO or even my wife's car wash car works great for me.

i have Speed Shine, Mothers, Optimum ONR.... and like to try the Klasse SG with the optimum, first. I like Speed Shine a lot but some how worried about the combo with KSG

who has a mix they like better ? Detailers, glass, trim etc...??

VISITOR
12-02-2016, 06:57 PM
i use to mix qd's when they were really low but don't do that anymore. it's best to follow the manufacturers recommendations to get the best use out of the product...

Paul A.
12-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Not in the QD category but today i mixed HD speed with FG 400 on a very stubborn Chev Silverado PU. Loved it as a 1 step correction. I used to mix up cocktails a LOT when i first started out and a recent thread here got me thinking again.

I haven't cross used products in a long time and generally follow Visitor's approach but today was out of sheer desperation.

TTQ B4U
12-02-2016, 07:14 PM
HD Adapt with a little bit of Meg's Ultimate Polish. The reason is that IMO Adapt finishes out beautifully but also has wonderful cutting abilities. The downside is that compared to Meg's it doesn't have as long of a working time. I have found that 3 pea size drops of Adapt and 1 drop of Meg's allows for great working time and easier removal.

Paul A.
12-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Yes, Mike has me thinking about "abrasive technology" and it's best to consider how each product works on its own.

FUNX650
12-02-2016, 08:04 PM
The detailing mix I like most is
Distilled Water/Meguiar's D114.

Bob

mwoywod
12-02-2016, 09:18 PM
The only concoction I've ever tried is with dg aquawax and dg fast clean & shine. Since I don't use a drying aid and I'd rather use optimum car wax or opti-seal on clean dry paint, a few years ago I read about mixing 75% FC&S and 25% aquawax to make an "amped up detail spray" It's still my all time favorite smelling detail spray (plus it works beautifully)

Moeman
12-02-2016, 10:17 PM
So my detailer for a while has been Meguirs QD + Klasse SG and in higher concentration the Ultimate QD + more SG. This to me over Klasse AIO or even my wife's car wash car works great for me.

i have Speed Shine, Mothers, Optimum ONR.... and like to try the Klasse SG with the optimum, first. I like Speed Shine a lot but some how worried about the combo with KSG

My biggeet go to is distilled water... I'm just a dude , not in detailing business....

i have two two yard sprayers : on e distilled, one Optimum ONT mix... Still do the coin was too....

anyway a couple products such as Klasse outside and my Klasss cocktails make this worth my time...

The optimum is new to me, trying to reduce the coin wash time... I don't have a great spot to detail, so time is key...

i used used to have a Wax Shop blend, that was awesome... They died. .

Mixes... Who does it?

BTW : tried Turtle wax black detailed in mixes... Cleveland Brown results.

GSKR
12-03-2016, 07:26 AM
i use to mix qd's when they were really low but don't do that anymore. it's best to follow the manufacturers recommendations to get the best use out of the product...
Agree,I only mix polishes when there is no last resort to working on horrendous gelcoat or oxidized aircraft paint when that one promising product deosnt come through.

Klasse Act
12-03-2016, 08:11 AM
I've been mixing RW and KSG for quite a bit now and it works great, many others here on AG can attest to how well this works. Right now WGU and KSG are heads and shoulders above all the rest :xyxthumbs:

Its very easy to make, here's what I do:

-! gallon of distilled water

-3 ounces of WGU rinseless wash

-2 ounces of KSG

If you use the jug the distilled water comes in you have to pour out 5 ounces, water the plants or something but make sure you shake it up real good. When using WGU it mixes well with the KSG, meaning you don't get the KSG seperating from the WGU RW. When doing this with other RW's I've had this happen so you then have to shake well before every use but it still works fine but for me, I'd rather it "play well together".

IMO if you try this mix you'll have a new favorite!

BTW I use distilled water because I always make a gallon at a time and because the water has no minerals there's no chance of anything breaking down the RW properties (or KSG for that matter)

Shortspark
12-03-2016, 08:56 AM
The only concoction I've ever tried is with dg aquawax and dg fast clean & shine. Since I don't use a drying aid and I'd rather use optimum car wax or opti-seal on clean dry paint, a few years ago I read about mixing 75% FC&S and 25% aquawax to make an "amped up detail spray" It's still my all time favorite smelling detail spray (plus it works beautifully)

This!!

fightnews
12-03-2016, 11:36 AM

the last two times i washed the car i used crystal mist and speed shine fifty fifty from separate bottles. it worked pretty good. especially with that grey pmf towel by griots

Moeman
12-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Not in the QD category but today i mixed HD speed with FG 400 on a very stubborn Chev Silverado PU. Loved it as a 1 step correction. I used to mix up cocktails a LOT when i first started out and a recent thread here got me thinking again.

I haven't cross used products in a long time and generally follow Visitor's approach but today was out of sheer desperation.

I've been mixing RW and KSG for quite a bit now and it works great, many others here on AG can attest to how well this works. Right now WGU and KSG are heads and shoulders above all the rest :xyxthumbs:

-2 ounces of KSG

If you use the jug the distilled water comes in you have to pour out 5 ounces, water the plants or something but make sure you shake it up real good. When using WGU it mixes well with the KSG, meaning you don't get the KSG seperating from the WGU RW. When doing this with other RW's I've had this happen so you then have to shake well before every use but it still works fine but for me, I'd rather it "play well together".

BTW I use distilled water because I always make a gallon at a time and because the water has no minerals there's no chance of anything breaking down the RW properties (or KSG for that matter)

Acronym's not Understood...

WGU?
RW.

WaxMaster1
12-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Wolfgang Uber
Rinseless Wash

Moeman
12-04-2016, 12:06 PM

-2 ounces of KSG

I will try this after going thru the Optium ONR wash detail cocktail.

Not surprised your mix had Klasse SG too...

Big fan.

I'm actually more picky about my MF towels. With distilled water and the correct towel... Most everything can be OK to perfect.