PDA

View Full Version : UWW+ question

Ace22
11-30-2016, 09:00 AM
I have read the many threads on fresh paint, but I will be getting my car back in a few days from a minor damage to the rear quarter panel. I have tons of UWW+ concentrate and use this regularly, but was wondering if this would be safe over fresh paint as I know the rest of the car will have some light dust and I would like to give it a good waterless wash. I have seen the threads on rinseless over fresh paint, but no mention of UWW+.

Any thoughts or input are welcome.

cleanmycorolla
11-30-2016, 10:49 AM
you'll be okay

motion732
11-30-2016, 11:07 AM
I have read the many threads on fresh paint, but I will be getting my car back in a few days from a minor damage to the rear quarter panel. I have tons of UWW+ concentrate and use this regularly, but was wondering if this would be safe over fresh paint as I know the rest of the car will have some light dust and I would like to give it a good waterless wash. I have seen the threads on rinseless over fresh paint, but no mention of UWW+.

Any thoughts or input are welcome.

UWW has wax in it. I’d suggest checking with the body shop to see how soon you’ll be able to wax or clean the car. I believe the general best practice here is to wait 30 days to clean/wax new paint (as painful as that sounds)

postaltwo
11-30-2016, 02:17 PM
When my wife's car was painted I just used regular car wash soap for a month to be on the safe side

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-30-2016, 04:47 PM
UWW has wax in it. I’d suggest checking with the body shop to see how soon you’ll be able to wax or clean the car. I believe the general best practice here is to wait 30 days to clean/wax new paint (as painful as that sounds)

It does not contain "wax." It does have polymers which leave a bit of protection behind. UWW+ will usually bead a week after if there is no other protection there.

O.P - check with body shop on when they recommend washing fresh paint. Its usually a week and around 30 days before applying any type of LSP.

I have washed cars that were painted a week ago using UWW+ as rinseless before with no issue.

Ace22
12-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the replies...I got a response direct from Carpro and here is what they said: "it is not recomended to aerosolize in a painter environment as it could potentially cause fisheyes BUT on already painted surfaces it is fine on fresh paint. Just do not want to get it on surfaces you are ABOUT to paint." Thought this would help someone out in the same situation.