PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot vs LHR21 MarkII

GoBison22
11-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Hi all,

Looking to buy a new polisher and I have come down to the Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot and the LHR21 Bigfoot MarkII. From what I have read, the only differences are the MarkII has the piece on the back of the polisher that allows you to set it upside down and it also has a more powerful motor (by 30%). With that being said, I'm only a weekend warrior/hobbyist, but looking to do more; should I get the LHR 21ES or spend the extra money and get the LHR21 MarkII?

lane5515
11-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

Looking to buy a new polisher and I have come down to the Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot and the LHR21 Bigfoot MarkII. From what I have read, the only differences are the MarkII has the piece on the back of the polisher that allows you to set it upside down and it also has a more powerful motor (by 30%). With that being said, I'm only a weekend warrior/hobbyist, but looking to do more; should I get the LHR 21ES or spend the extra money and get the LHR21 MarkII?

Get the Mark II - you'll be glad you did. GoBison?? Are you from Fargo?

GoBison22
11-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Why would you suggest the Mark II? And yes, I am from Fargo!

lane5515
11-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Why would you suggest the Mark II? And yes, I am from Fargo!

Increased power and latest technology. I had a 21ES and replaced it with a 15 Mark II. I like to run 5.5" pads as it give me more control and versatility on smaller panels.

I am from Fargo also and a huge Bison fan. If you ever want to try some machines or products just shoot me a pm.

Zubair
11-27-2016, 03:05 PM
The question is do you require more power over the normal 21?

GoBison22
11-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure I would. I would think I would rather have the power and not use it, than need the power and not have it...

Zubair
11-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Then get the MKII as it will always on your mind.

GoBison22
11-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Do you have either?

Zubair
11-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Do you have either?

Not the 21 Legacy ES no but the 15 ES, 15 and 21 MKII. The rotations better but the corrections significantly more. Smoothness between them is much over muchness as all Rupes are super smooth. The MKII's correct significantly faster especially the 21, bordering/on par rotary.

fightnews
11-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

idk but a thiry percent difference in the motor power is pretty signifigant

The Guz
11-27-2016, 04:59 PM
Hi all,

Being you are a hobbyist, stick with the 15. It will be more than enough and suit your needs. The 21 is good for larger panels.

Dylan@RUPES
11-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

Aside from the things you listed there is a rubberized grip on the underside of the Mark II head, the chassis is also redesigned for the new motor - its not outwardly obvious unless you look at a Mark II and an ES side by side, and even then its very subtle. The housing is a little more reinforced to deal with the increased torque levels. Essentially its like we beefed up the motor mounts which gives it a little different feel. Obviously with the increased motor output we remapped the electronics to put the sweet spot in the mid speed range (3-4) to give you speed 5 and 6 as your "NEED MORE POWERRRRRRRRRR!!!!" levels.

That being said - like someone else pointed out, the 15 is the better detailing tool and for an enthusiast the ES tools still are more than adequate. When you're only polishing your car a handful of times and not doing work for others the added benefit of the Mark II isn't going to be realized. It really starts to benefit someone who does a lot of polishing and stands to save time with the increased power.