PDA

View Full Version : Black vehicles

preet16
11-25-2016, 03:15 PM
I have a few black vehicles coming up to detail. I was going to see yalls opinion on my approach to them. After the wash and being air dried, I use the following products:
Menzerna 400 compound
Poorboys blackhole glaze
Poorboys ex-p sealant
Natty black paste
I use the Porter cable 7424 xp to apply them. Just wanting to see if yall have a different approach or what yall think of it.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

mcate
11-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Some will recommend a finishing polish after FG400. I probably would recommend that myself, although I've one-stepped with FG400 on a few black cars & been happy with the results. SF4000 or 4500 (or whatever their new names are) are excellent finishing polishes to follow behind FG400.
EX-P topped with Natty's is always a nice combo. I haven't tried Natty's Black yet, but Blue is a favorite of mine.

Desertnate
11-25-2016, 04:13 PM
I would think the choice of polish would be driven by the paint condition and how difficult it is to correct. No sense in going after paint with an aggressive polish/compound like 400 if you don't need to.

I have two dark colored cars, one black, the other is a dark red/crimson which take almost an equal amount of attention to keep looking good. The paint on those cars is miles apart when it comes to correction. The dark red vehicle is very soft and a finishing polish on a white pad is all the correction needed to get out all but the worst swirls. The black car on the other hand has very hard paint, but I can still use either a moderate polish on an orange pad or a more aggressive product on a white pad to correct the paint. The points I getting at are, don't go aggressive if you don't need it, and let the conditions/paint drive your approach.

As for the other steps, if you've polished out the paint well, you don't need the Blackhole. I like Blackhole, but use it and other glazes when I'm not polishing and simply need to hide the swirls before applying and LSP.

preet16
11-25-2016, 05:43 PM
I would think the choice of polish would be driven by the paint condition and how difficult it is to correct. No sense in going after paint with an aggressive polish/compound like 400 if you don't need to.

I have two dark colored cars, one black, the other is a dark red/crimson which take almost an equal amount of attention to keep looking good. The paint on those cars is miles apart when it comes to correction. The dark red vehicle is very soft and a finishing polish on a white pad is all the correction needed to get out all but the worst swirls. The black car on the other hand has very hard paint, but I can still use either a moderate polish on an orange pad or a more aggressive product on a white pad to correct the paint. The points I getting at are, don't go aggressive if you don't need it, and let the conditions/paint drive your approach.

As for the other steps, if you've polished out the paint well, you don't need the Blackhole. I like Blackhole, but use it and other glazes when I'm not polishing and simply need to hide the swirls before applying and LSP.
I see your point. The two cars I have coming are a 2013 ford shelby gt 500 and a 2013 camaro ss 1/le. I've only seen pictures of them but they look pretty decent. I do have meguiars paint correction (D300) that I sometimes use on them. My main thing would be the swirls. I'm trying to get the deepest finish I can with the products that I have

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

aztec1987
11-25-2016, 06:16 PM
I am done with Black vehicles (owning them) 2006 Mustang GT, besides been a chick magnet, it is a big big dirt magnet.

marknett
11-25-2016, 06:26 PM
I just detailed my black Toyota Tacoma with hd speed and topped it with collinite 845. Check out my post for pics

custmsprty
11-25-2016, 06:35 PM
I have a few black vehicles coming up to detail. I was going to see yalls opinion on my approach to them. After the wash and being air dried, I use the following products:
Menzerna 400 compound
Poorboys blackhole glaze
Poorboys ex-p sealant
Natty black paste
I use the Porter cable 7424 xp to apply them. Just wanting to see if yall have a different approach or what yall think of it.

Thanks!

One step to perfecting black paint:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/98953-2014-nissan-370-z-griots-g21-hd-adapt-7-hd-poxy.html