PDA

View Full Version : Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

galaxy
11-24-2016, 11:11 AM
You guys use this? I've always been paranoid (maybe that's a bit extreme, but couldn't think of a better word) about having my surface completely clean and ready for lsp, and I'm hesitant Andrea split on doing an ipa wipe down. Seems like a good route to go if it's not snake oil. Suspicions further raised by the fact that a search came up short. What do you guys think? Currently after final paint prep steps, I'm just wiping down with a soaking wet, very plus microfiber and drying to make sure I've at least removed any dust and such.

Justin at Final Inspection
11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Before I coat the car I use Perfekt finish paint prep to wipe all the surfaces down. I use a wet rag and dry rag. Sometimes I do a 2nd round.

Ebg18t
11-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Yep. I use it before applying a coating. Works great, I find I need 2 MF's.

57BORNTORUN
11-24-2016, 11:52 AM
A tad pricey but great stuff.And as a added bonus the bubble gum aroma might bring you back to your "YOUT".

rlmccarty2000
11-24-2016, 11:56 AM
I use it. It takes the place of the old IPA wipe I used to do. I never really had a problem with IPA. It's just easier to order a bottle than to mix up IPA. I'm lazy.

willtothewong
11-26-2016, 12:13 AM
Before I coat the car I use Perfekt finish paint prep to wipe all the surfaces down. I use a wet rag and dry rag. Sometimes I do a 2nd round.

So you have a damp towel with water for the initial pick up, then follow up with a dry MF towel?

galaxy
12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Hypothetical...If you just happen to be in the mood to add another layer of your current LSP (or even a different one you want to try for that matter) a month or so down the road, is this a good, or the right product to use to prep the surface for that extra layer? What does it do to any existing LSP on top?

FUNX650
12-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Besides using a paint prep, (or
any other types of panel wipes),
to inspect polishing-results...

I'll use said paint preps/panel wipes
prior to applying LSPs if...and that
means only if...their manufacturers
recommend doing so.

Otherwise:
There's that point-of-contention:
"working backwards"...that I'd
rather not have as a nemesis.

Bob

Nick McKees37
12-01-2016, 01:55 PM
You guys use this? I've always been paranoid (maybe that's a bit extreme, but couldn't think of a better word) about having my surface completely clean and ready for lsp, and I'm hesitant Andrea split on doing an ipa wipe down. Seems like a good route to go if it's not snake oil. Suspicions further raised by the fact that a search came up short. What do you guys think? Currently after final paint prep steps, I'm just wiping down with a soaking wet, very plus microfiber and drying to make sure I've at least removed any dust and such.

It's certainly not going to hurt anything, and to be completely honest a lot of people use it before applying a wax or sealant "just to make sure" any polish residue has been removed. There's nothing wrong with being extra sure. :xyxthumbs:

I did a search in Google and found the following:

Review - Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/96409-review-wolfgang-perfekt-finish-paint-prep.html)

Wolfgang Perfekt Paint Prep quick thoughts... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/100212-wolfgang-perfekt-paint-prep-quick-thoughts.html)

PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/96322-product-review-wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating-perfekt-finish-paint-prep.html)

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating
(http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/96240-review-how-wolfgang-uber-ceramic-paint-coating.html)

Hypothetical...If you just happen to be in the mood to add another layer of your current LSP (or even a different one you want to try for that matter) a month or so down the road, is this a good, or the right product to use to prep the surface for that extra layer? What does it do to any existing LSP on top?

It's going to compromise the wax/sealant, but I don't believe it will completely remove it. I would stick with a pre-wax cleaner/polish for that application.

Vegas1
12-02-2016, 07:37 AM
I used it last month before I applied McKee's paint coating. Simple to use and worked great.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Works great, just use a second MF towel to remove and smearing/streaks.