PDA

View Full Version : New polisher

Komatsu
11-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Just bought a 6inch griots garage polisher. What pads and polishes would be recommended?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Aether
11-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Congrats on your purchase!

You're going to get a lot of different answers. I personally use microfiber pads and the Orange/White HexLogic style pads with M105/M205 compound and polish.

I've had pretty great success with this combo, but I'm also still new to high-level paint correction and I'm sure some more experienced members may have better answers.

Detailsbydaniel
11-23-2016, 09:11 PM
You can't beat the griots boss pads and creams. The fast correcting cream is phenomenal

The Guz
11-23-2016, 09:43 PM
You can't beat the griots boss pads and creams. The fast correcting cream is phenomenal

I agree. This would be a great system for the GG 6 you just bought.

dlc95
11-23-2016, 10:44 PM
Congrats on your purchase!

You're going to get a lot of different answers. I personally use microfiber pads and the Orange/White HexLogic style pads with M105/M205 compound and polish.

I've had pretty great success with this combo, but I'm also still new to high-level paint correction and I'm sure some more experienced members may have better answers.

I'm not quite new to this, and I really like green and blue hex pads, with Meguiar's Ultimate line.

I've switched to Buff and Shine green and blue pads though. Same foam, right from the original manufacturer.

ski2
11-23-2016, 11:53 PM
Keep it simple with easy to use products in the beginning. Get a 5" backing plate (so you can use 5.5"/6" pads), stick with foam pads at first and use polishes that are user friendly ie. long working times, no dust, easy to remove.

Agree with others -- Griot's Boss polishes would be great for a beginner, Boss pads (Buff & Shine Ero Tec pads are just as good and a little less expensive). Make sure you get enough pads--at least 4 for a compounding step and 4 for a polishing step--the more the better.

VISITOR
11-24-2016, 12:39 AM
an addition to the great recommendations above (BOSS creams and pads) the lake country thinpro pads work very well too...