PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Detailer

Pages : [1] 2

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Hey all,

Been lurking here for quite some time and I'm getting ready to ask a question or 2 that I can't figure out how to search out an answer for. I've just started getting into detailing with a 2009 Scion XB for which I can't rationally explain my affection. It's now got lowering springs and beefy sways to facilitate my curvy mountain life, some after-market wheels and has been rebadged with skull & crossbones. Other than that, it's just a clean, black grocery-getter that I dote upon like she's a lap dog. I gave her a quick couple coats of Colinite 845 to tide us over through the rainy season then I'm kind of scared of the time and money I might waste on her with your shameless encouragement.

Cheers,
David

LSNAutoDetailing
11-23-2016, 06:18 PM
If you honestly love the car, and if it's paid for, and easy to maintain, then it's no waste of time at all. Take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 06:25 PM
It's paid for . . . by the bank. :-) Just bought it a couple of months ago.

It's a small enough payment, though, that I need to be careful not to exceed that amount with detailing supplies. I think last month was a fail in that regard.

P.S. Thanks for the shameless encouragement! :-)

Detail Oriented LLC
11-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Pics or it didnt happen!!!

welcome to the fun!

FUNX650
11-23-2016, 08:05 PM
2009 Scion XB for which I can't
rationally explain my affection.

•More than likely...
-I cannot possibly give you any
more crap for your having this
irrational affection for this car,
than your family and friends
probably already have; but:

"Carry On My Wayward Son"...

Bob

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 08:15 PM
My family & friends have learned to pick their battles concerning my behavior so their "crap" is aimed elsewhere. Five bucks says this particular beauty is still on the road when cockroaches are extinct.

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 08:18 PM
Pics or it didnt happen!!!

welcome to the fun!

Oh, it happened. This is pre-detailing of any sort:

Right after lowering
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/bebanovich-albums-skull-box-picture53731-lowering.jpg

Her face
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/bebanovich-albums-skull-box-picture53730-front.jpg

Her Jolly Roger
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/bebanovich-albums-skull-box-picture53729-badge.jpg

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 09:11 PM
•More than likely...
-I cannot possibly give you any
more crap for your having this
irrational affection for this car,
than your family and friends
probably already have; but:

"Carry On My Wayward Son"...

Bob

Can't believe I didn't give you crap for quoting Kansas lyrics, but I suppose your family & friends have already taken care of that (I can apophasis too, yo). ;-)

LEDetailing
11-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Scion Xbox, Nissan Juke, Honda Excrement, and Kia Soul. Just a few cars that I don't quite understand the styling, but I've seen a lot of them being driven. The weird thing is I seem to see more 60+ year olds driving those four models more than the younger crowd.

And truth be told I like the Scion XA when it came out:)

I also like Miatas:)

Worse yet, I'm looking forward to minivan shopping in a few years when the 2006 Sienna needs replacing.

<<<< Opinion on car styling is questionable.

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Scion Xbox, Nissan Juke, Honda Excrement, and Kia Soul. Just a few cars that I don't quite understand the styling, but I've seen a lot of them being driven. The weird thing is I seem to see more 60+ year olds driving those four models more than the younger crowd.

And truth be told I like the Scion XA when it came out:)

I also like Miatas:)

Worse yet, I'm looking forward to minivan shopping in a few years when the 2006 Sienna needs replacing.

<<<< Opinion on car styling is questionable.

While all my childhood friends had Mustang lust, my dreams looked more like this:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/bebanovich-albums-skull-box-picture53732-32182900001-large.jpg

tony58
11-23-2016, 10:11 PM
While all my childhood friends had Mustang lust, my dreams looked more like this:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/bebanovich-albums-skull-box-picture53732-32182900001-large.jpg

Now you are talking my language...

FUNX650
11-23-2016, 10:42 PM
(I can apophasis too...)

Your implication of my use of apophasis
(as the rhetorical device) in my previous
posting is absolutely wrong.

TO WIT:

If I had said: 'I will not bring up
the fact that by your having irrational
affection towards your car meant
that you suffer from "auto"-eroticism...
so I won't bring that up'.

Yep: now that would have been the
proper use of apophasis. Agreed?

Bob

bebanovich
11-23-2016, 10:56 PM
Your implication of my use of apophasis
(as the rhetorical device) in my previous
posting is absolutely wrong.

TO WIT:

If I had said: 'I will not bring up
the fact that by your having irrational
affection towards your car meant
that you suffer from "auto"-eroticism...
so I won't bring that up'.

Yep: now that would have been the
proper use of apophasis. Agreed?

Bob

That's a little too literal of a take for a rhetorical device. But, I am too polite to call this example "ham-fisted" in comparison to your more subtle, elegant, initial use of apophasis.

natewood70
11-24-2016, 07:35 AM
Geez. A lot of big words being thrown around here.

Simply put... you like what you like!

If it's going to make you happy, then take care of it no matter if that vehicle is a brand new Vette, or a 20 year old Honda Civic.

The diversity in vehicles available was done on purpose in case you didn't know :-)

Sent from my Pixel... please excuse typos.

mwoolfso
11-24-2016, 08:58 AM
That's a little too literal of a take for a rhetorical device. But, I am too polite to call this example "ham-fisted" in comparison to your more subtle, elegant, initial use of apophasis.

Oh boy. Bob has somewhat of an antithesis here now. Cheers to both of you. It will be fun watching.