PDA

View Full Version : Why Mytee why?

KS_Detailing
11-23-2016, 01:31 PM
If anyone owns a Mytee steamer can you confirm this strange design? My steamer has been leaking steam so I decided to open it up. Well 3 of the screws are Phillips head and the 4th one, well it made no sense. It wasn't quite a flathead just partially. I called a local authorized repair center who had no idea then called Mytee. Although they were helpful on the phone they had no explanation as to why it was designed this way. They advised me to file down a screw driver down the middle so I could turn this one screw. Ended up doing just that and it worked (somewhat, still scratched everything up pretty good)http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/1ee139e1b6c6f34e2ac3bf824e248269.pngI've attached a pic so you all can have a better understanding but why? Also have yet to figure out the leak...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixsix
11-23-2016, 01:46 PM

It's a security screw, to keep regular people out of it. I guess they only want a tech to have access to it.

KS_Detailing
11-23-2016, 02:36 PM
makes sense, I knew there had to be some sort of tool out there but unless you have those attachments youll be left scratching your head