PDA

View Full Version : Stained leather

MARK928S
11-22-2016, 12:53 PM
What is the best solution for getting ink marks out of leather?

Eldorado2k
11-22-2016, 02:37 PM
What is the best solution for getting ink marks out of leather?

If nothing you've tried so far has worked, and you absolutely have to have it out:
Try Folex
If that doesn't work, try Folex with a Magic Eraser
If that doesn't work, try the Magic Eraser with diluted APC
And if that doesn't work, try the Magic Eraser with hand sanitizer as the lube..
Use your best judgment as far as aggressiveness when rubbing with the Magic Eraser because you can burn through surfaces if you're not paying close attention to how it responds. This is a last resort solution only meant for times when you absolutely have to have it out.

I've also had some pretty amazing results with Soft Scrub bathroom cleaner and a soft nylon brush or even a toothbrush. [just make sure it's the Lemon scent and not the 1 that has bleach]

These things work, but take the advice in this post at your own risk because it's unconventional and some would consider it high risk.

Sent from my iPhone

Belair
11-23-2016, 11:22 AM
I think Leather Masters has a product that will remove it, haven't used it though.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Let`s start with a few questions....

How long has it been there?

What have you tried so far?

I keep Leather Masters Ink Away and Dye transfer cleaners on hand for these cases.

Leather Master Car Interior Ink Away, ink remover, leather seat ink remover (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-ink-away.html)