PDA

View Full Version : Which to use for foam cannon?

lgtspecb
11-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I was wondering which of the following soaps would be best to use with a foam cannon (pre-wash method), and which would be best as a conventional wash shampoo. Really only thinking about my own two cars, one that gets washed or quick detailed every time its driven, and the daily driver that gets washed atleast bi-weekly.

1. Megs GC
2. DG 901
3. WG Autobathe

I have always used megs until recently when I went to car quest to get some aw and thought i would try out the dg soap. I liked it (so smooth and sudsy, smells good too), but was afraid of using it in the cannon because I thought it contained sealants that I wouldn't want getting on the suspension and brakes. The AG website says it is safe to use in the foam cannon however. I got the WG in my high gloss kit and have never touched the stuff, but if it is any good I would be willing to try it out.

dontsleeponit
11-10-2007, 12:01 PM
As far as I know, the DG901 is a straight soap, no wax or sealants or anything added. It will probably perform best in the gun out of the 3 you listed, but you should experiment and see which you like best.

But I think the DG will foam the best.

O and btw, I doubt you will run into any problems using a soap that has added wax or sealant, getting it on suspension and brake components. Anything that is contained in the soap is going to be extremely mild, and should have no adverse effects anywhere on your car.

FMINUS
11-10-2007, 12:43 PM
DG is the BEST from what you have up!

IMO the best foaming action soaps have been: (in order of MOST to least)
1.DP Extreme Foam
2.## Wash and Gloss
3. DG901

But In Price, (cheapest to most $$)
1.## WG
2.DG901
3.DP Extreme

Truls
11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
DG 901 is a great soap both in a foam cannon and in the bucket....

DP extrem is also great, snow foam for the foam cannon is also good...

D
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Foaming between DG and CHEMICAL GUYS is extremely close. The price however, is not.

Black Diamond
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I usually mix the DP Exteme and the DG 901 and get tons of foam.

lgtspecb
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys, I used the DP wash sample that came with my gun, since I had never used it before I had the setting at max foam and yeah, it foamed A LOT!!!... but the bottle was empty in 2 seconds, lol. I normally use it now on the 2nd lowest setting so 1oz shampoo lasts for the entire car. The DP stuff is pretty expensive (comparatively, especially when only used for foaming), but I might try it again sometime, mixing with 901 seems like a good idea.

So apart from ## (sorry D&D) and dish soap, what soap will be the most effective for prepping the car for claying, polishing and sealing or for an unmaintained car with lots of grime?

FMINUS
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I started using a water deionizer and it makes it FOAM MORE!

dontsleeponit
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM
So apart from ## (sorry D&D) and dish soap, what soap will be the most effective for prepping the car for claying, polishing and sealing or for an unmaintained car with lots of grime?

If you need some extra power out of your soap, you can always add an ounce or so of paint safe cleaner, like a citrus degreaser. I like P21S total auto wash (or s100, cheaper), some guys like the duragloss ultimate orange too. But any paint safe cleaner or degreaser added to your normal soap mix for the foam gun should help clean a really dirt car, and strip down almost all of whats on it.

I use the citrus W&G 2 oz and 1oz of s100 total auto wash to strip down my car if I want to start from scratch. You can also use a mix like this on the wheels/tires/wheel wells and it will be very affective.