PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Subaru Legacy Corrected

Pages : [1] 2

SabbyNJ
11-22-2016, 08:13 AM
The wife picked up a 2017 Subaru Legacy, new with only 8 miles on it. The dealership put so many swirls in it, looks like it was ran through a car wash and dried with a rough towel.

Fast forward several days later. I used:

Wolfgang Auto Bathe with two bucket method and a Meguiars microfiber wash mitt

LC Thin Pro orange pad with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0

LC Thin Pro white pad with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0

LC Thin Pro black with Wolfgang DGPS

Also, used Zaino white border free microfiber towel for removal of product and Cobra Miracle Towel for final wipe down and inspection with Wolfgang Detail Spritz. The wheels I used Zaino AIO and their Clear Seal, tires treated with Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss. I also used Wolfgang Trim Sealant on the black trim around the side view mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Setec Astronomy
11-22-2016, 09:34 AM
The wife picked up a 2017 Subaru Legacy, new with only 8 miles on it. The dealership put so many swirls in it, looks like it was ran through a car wash and dried with a rough towel.

That's the Dealer-Installed Swirl Option (DISO).

Glad you got it cleaned up.

Sicoupe
11-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Pics?

Setec Astronomy
11-22-2016, 10:40 AM
Pics?

Eh, you seen one swirled car polished out, you've seen them all, right?

SabbyNJ
11-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Funny! I'll post some pics after it lets me, there must be some technical glitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

BudgetPlan1
11-22-2016, 01:43 PM

Fast forward several days later. I used:

Wolfgang Auto Bathe with two bucket method and a Meguiars microfiber wash mitt

LC Thin Pro orange pad with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0

LC Thin Pro white pad with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0

LC Thin Pro black with Wolfgang DGPS

Also, used Zaino white border free microfiber towel for removal of product and Cobra Miracle Towel for final wipe down and inspection with Wolfgang Detail Spritz. The wheels I used Zaino AIO and their Clear Seal, tires treated with Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss. I also used Wolfgang Trim Sealant on the black trim around the side view mirrors.

Soft Subaru paint + Dealer = Something needs to be done. Had the same thing as you last year with a black 2016 WRX, used the same Wolfgang Twins to fix it up then WG Uber Ceramic to finish it up. Has held up well over the summer w/ occasional applications of Gyeon Cure & Gyeon Wetcoat. Wheels got Gyeon Rim and tires Tuff Shine.

The need to protect the soft Subaru paint from swirls/marring led me down the whole detailing rabbit hole. Fun, but without the slightest bit of impulse control every AG 'Sale' banner triggers the Pavlovian impulse to buy something...whether I need it or not. Throw in all the other detailing websites and their sales and my UPS guy has certainly got a workout this year. And our cars have never looked better or been more easily maintained so I guess it's all worth it in the end.

Picked up a new winter car a month or so ago, managed to get that one before dealer gooned it up too badly.

Bill1234
11-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Family got a new car from the dealer and I asked them not to wash or touch it. I get home and see tire shine on it and I look at all the panels. One has the look of a rotary moving over it fast and is messed up bad.....

facepalm

SabbyNJ
11-22-2016, 05:30 PM

Ebg18t
11-22-2016, 05:50 PM
Being a Subaru owner I encourage other Subaru owners to apply a quality coating to help protect this soft paint. I was lucky both of mine came unmolested by the dealership.

Sizzle Chest
11-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Looks like it came out very nicely!

SabbyNJ
11-22-2016, 08:06 PM

SabbyNJ
11-22-2016, 08:11 PM

SabbyNJ
11-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Sorry for the lame pictures. Long story short is this car was loaded with swirls. Some sections took two passes of Total Swirl Remover 3.0 using the Flex, what a workout.

Setec Astronomy
11-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Looks like it came out great! Whereabouts are you in NJ?

ntwillie1
11-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Nice job Sabby. But you just got me a bit worried. I'm picking up my moms brand new 2017 Subaru Forrester on Monday and figured I'd just wash it and put a quick coat of something, probably Colonite 845, before the winter hit. Then I'd do a proper detail in the spring. But if Subaru paint is as soft as everyone is saying it looks like I may have to do one more full detail this year. Hope the weather cooperates. It's been starting to get cold lately.