PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for deluxe filtration kit

mwemaxxowner
11-22-2016, 07:48 AM
Hey guys. I bought the deluxe filtration kit from AGO. The one with dual cartridges. One a filter, one a water softener.

I did not receive any sort of instructions with it. Not a big deal, it's fairly straightforward. But, I want to make sure it doesn't matter what order I put them in. I also have no clue what to do with the recharge pellets, service interval for the filter and the softening resin, etc.

I also agree with most reviews, the short sections of water hose are pitiful. They make the whole kit seem cheap, and imo would be better not even being included. That way one wouldn't try to use them and find out how bad they leak. Still, no big deal. I bought some short hoses that work.

I have sent in a couple emails, and no reply yet. Hence this post. No big deal, I'm sure Bryan is busy. I wonder if someone can perhaps answer these questions, or has a digital copy of instructions for this kit?

Thanks much!

Also, with winter approaching, I'm guessing I want to keep them empty of water when not in use?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just02896
11-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Definitely run the water through the filter before it goes through the softener. Your softener media will last longer this way. And yes, store the filters empty and indoors during below freezing temps.

mwemaxxowner
11-22-2016, 10:02 AM
What about the recharging pellets? What, and when, do I do with them. Do I judge the filter change interval by appearance?

mwemaxxowner
12-23-2016, 05:28 PM
I still haven't found instructions or what to do with the pellets, or how to tell when it's time to refresh the softener cartridge.

However, I have a more pressing issue. I had to remove a hose from one of the filters to use elsewhere. The entire brass fitting unscrewed itself from the cartridge, and in my haste, I must have set it somewhere random and I cannot find it. Any idea how I can get another?

It has a male end, that is not the same as a male water hose end, and a female end that accepts a water hose.

This guy

I'm fine with piecing my own together, I guess, but if I could get that exact part it'd be awesome. I know these are much like filters used for house water and aquariums and such, and wonder if it's a part just borrowed from one of those applications.

For now I'm just using only the softener, as I believe that was what I needed the most.

DaveT435
12-23-2016, 05:50 PM
You put the pellets in water in a small plastic dish tub and soak the filter in it. You'll probably just have to judge when to do it by performance. I think they say how many gallons it will soften, but how are you going to keep track of the gallons? lol I just ordered the water softener. We have city water so no problems with sediment, just minerals.

DaveT435
12-23-2016, 05:52 PM
I still haven't found instructions or what to do with the pellets, or how to tell when it's time to refresh the softener cartridge.

However, I have a more pressing issue. I had to remove a hose from one of the filters to use elsewhere. The entire brass fitting unscrewed itself from the cartridge, and in my haste, I must have set it somewhere random and I cannot find it. Any idea how I can get another?

It has a male end, that is not the same as a male water hose end, and a female end that accepts a water hose.

This guy

I'm fine with piecing my own together, I guess, but if I could get that exact part it'd be awesome. I know these are much like filters used for house water and aquariums and such, and wonder if it's a part just borrowed from one of those applications.

For now I'm just using only the softener, as I believe that was what I needed the most.

It sounds like you just got it, I would try retracing your steps. It has to be there somewhere...

mwemaxxowner
12-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Well, I spent half the day raking through leaves, searching through toolboxes, buildings...Lol. I'm at a loss for where it could be.

DaveT435
12-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Of course you know as soon as you get it put together with other parts your going to find it. The only thing I can think of to get it running would be take it up to Lowe's or Home Depot. I'm sure you would be able to find something to get it going. I guess you still have one of those pieces, you could just take that up there.

mwemaxxowner
12-23-2016, 06:23 PM
I know. Haha. Then I'll have a spare!

215Detailing
12-25-2016, 09:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnU2KdJIfrY 5:30 TIME MARK OF VIDEO OR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1jTNxwQ0b8

mwemaxxowner
12-25-2016, 12:39 PM
What I have is like your shopping cart video. But ago charged a lot more than $85 for it! 🙊 I like it very much, and I like your setup with the cart.

ducksfan
12-25-2016, 12:49 PM
It's probably just a pipe thread to hose thread adapter. Should be able to get at any hardware store.

mwemaxxowner
12-25-2016, 01:09 PM
I looked at Home Depot, but I'll try Ace!