PDA

View Full Version : Dp 4 in 1 vs opt no rinse

coolmoon
11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone , So this morning I wanted to try out both products which came in yesterday ( nothing like having a package from AG sitting at your front door,almost like Christmas ! ) I'm here in Georgia where we have major water restrictions going on right now ,Having two cars I used opt NR on one which the overall work really well in removing the dirt , also left a nice finish on paint ,even the black plastic looked richer in color . outside its about 49F degrees so working inside my garage was great. using a wash mitt working top to bottom , section at a time , half way I notice the mitt was starting to build up in grime and wasn't really rinsing out so I switch to MF towels one to wash ,one to semi dry and another one to polish, which worked out really well as soon as one started to look dirty I moved down the line of towels and so on all about 3 sets to complete with positive result with both products. My only comment in comparison was DP had a better smell (citrus scent ) and OPt a strong soapy scent inside a enclosed garage it became really noticeable . performance , they rivaled each other in cleaning , but I would probably lean toward DP next time , using their detailer recipe left a really nice slick finish on the cars.

cls
11-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for sharing.Also love ONR. The smell kinda reminds me of some lysol stuff.I also use their qd solution.Works great. i will definitely dry DP's 4 in one soon.Cheers

orngez
11-10-2007, 01:37 PM
another great way to use ONR or DP 4in1 is to load it up in a pesticide sprayer and do an initial mist down of the car...helps as a pre-rinse to get a bunch of initial dirt/dust off the car

supercharged
11-10-2007, 08:57 PM
another great way to use ONR or DP 4in1 is to load it up in a pesticide sprayer and do an initial mist down of the car...helps as a pre-rinse to get a bunch of initial dirt/dust off the car
:iagree::whs:

coolmoon
11-10-2007, 10:06 PM
thanks , great idea I will do that .

klumzypinoy
11-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Do you use the 2 bucket method to rinse out the mitt before you go to another panel? That way your mitt won't get so built up with grime :).

coolmoon
11-11-2007, 06:56 AM
I haven't used the technique , before water restrictions I had a bucket and a foam gun but as a precaution I will . Thanks

klumzypinoy
11-13-2007, 03:44 AM
I haven't used the technique , before water restrictions I had a bucket and a foam gun but as a precaution I will . Thanks

No problem! A grit guard will help too :) I just grind the mitt against the grit guard on the bottom of the 2nd bucket to clean the mitt.