PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Silver truck...No swirls?

Pages : [1] 2

58LesPaul
11-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Is it possible my 2013 silver truck has no swirls from washing? I just bought it this summer and I have used an LED flashlight to go over it looking for swirls and I see zero! I read here that silver is hard to see swirls but I have looked and looked and I can't see any.

Firehouse Mike
11-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Anything is possible...but....I'm sure they are there unless your washing has been meticulous. Helps to hold the flashlight behind 8-10" from the surface at a slight angle from my experience. Make sure it's a tight focus and a very bright beam. Mid-day sun is the best thing though.

Mike

58LesPaul
11-18-2016, 11:03 PM
I've seen swirls in my wife's white Rav4 pretty easily. Are they harder to see on silver than on white?

Mantilgh
11-18-2016, 11:19 PM
Silver might make it harder. My gold paint makes it really hard to see defects

Try looking at it at night under the lights at the gas station or store parking lot.

AZpolisher15
11-18-2016, 11:53 PM
My early-2014 pyrite mica that I got new... it's super hard to see swirls. I haven't been meticulous with washing technique, but I'm generally cautious. There were swirls before i polished the first time after a year of washes, but very few and far between. Same now, as I haven't polished in awhile.

So, yeah it's possible that you might not have many or they're extremely faint. Hunt around a bit under the right lighting and angles and you'll prob see some isolated scratches/swirls, but not the spider web type like you see on black.

Interestingly enough, I see them easiest in a dimly lit place and at an angle- but I angle it so I'm looking at a reflection of a distant light on the paint. Like in a parking lot at night. Or outside the garage.

TTQ B4U
11-19-2016, 12:04 AM
Is it possible my 2013 silver truck has no swirls from washing? I just bought it this summer and I have used an LED flashlight to go over it looking for swirls and I see zero! I read here that silver is hard to see swirls but I have looked and looked and I can't see any.

get gas at night and look at it under the lights there. car dealerships are usually pretty well lit from above too. if you have them, they will show. make sure your truck is clean when you do it.

01GreyStangGT
11-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Hard to see swirls in silver for sure.

hoyt66
11-19-2016, 04:30 AM
Silver is great for hiding swirls. Like other posters said, get gas at night when the truck is clean and if they're there they will jump out

duquephart
11-19-2016, 05:35 AM
If you have to look that hard for them should they bother you?

GSKR
11-19-2016, 06:57 AM

Agree.

Finemess
11-19-2016, 07:43 AM
I use to park my silver truck in a parking lot at night, under parking lot lights you should see what you are missing. If you can find LED lights (most Walmarts). This should help.

11Frontier
11-19-2016, 07:52 AM
I thought for the longest time I had no swirls on my Silver truck until I walked past it late in the evening when the sun was real low. Just happened to hit it just right. So now I do an AIO once a year and just be careful with my washed the rest of the time. It looks good for me

hoyt66
11-19-2016, 08:50 AM

Cmon man. Most of us need help with being OCD on car detailing. We must find them!!!😂😂😂
At least for me I'm always trying to catch one on my car

FUNX650
11-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Is it possible my 2013 silver truck
has no swirls from washing?

I have used an LED flashlight
to go over it looking for swirls
and I see zero!

I have looked and looked
and I can't see any.
Such a pleasure to have this
as the case, IMO.

Now...If it also has that often
elusive "depth of shine"...then
you're all set! :dblthumb2:

Bob

briarpatch
11-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Silver can be tough to see defects......my daughter's Hyundai (we bought used) has some very fine scratches only visible at the perfect angle...and all are on horizontal panels...we've concluded that the prior owner had cats...will be removing these scratches in the springtime