PDA

View Full Version : worst customer service ever!!!! (phone carrier)

Cruzscarwash
11-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Last night I was called by the Verizon upgrade team while...
Last night I was called by the Verizon upgrade team while I was driving down the freeway. I was offered a deal of the new moto z play and if I took the deal I would get a second moto z play for free for my second line. The deal didn’t end there, my bill is normally $140 a month but if I signed up for this new deal my phone with my new devices would go down to $120 a month and I would get 2 extra gigs of data per line for life to take me to a total of 10 gigs a month with carry over. WOW this sounded amazing, but I didn’t want those phones so I asked about getting the new silver 128 gb google pixel instead with the same plan details. The new monthly price would be $156 a month for 2 new silver 128gb google pixel phones plus all the other upgrades. DEAL, I was placed on hold and then I got disconnected.

I called back and told the new rep what had happened and he looked into my account and saw everything in the notes and asked if I wanted him to complete the offer at which time i told him I did so I could get this deal finalized and the phones sent out ASAP. He places me on hold and… disconnected.

So I call back a 3rd time and again tell the rep what happened the first 2 times and he looks up my account and low and behold there is NOTHING in my notes to show that the first rep promised and what the second rep found with no issues in my notes and was going to order for me. So he tries to create a deal with me using the same details I had in the first to calls but this time the final monthly payment is $220 a month, I tell him I will not except that and he places me on hold ( no disconnect this time thank god) come back and says ok the best I can go is$160. To me that was fair enough I was already frustrated and really wanted these phones and a $20 increase for 2 of those new 128gb phones plus all the data and carry over was still good to me. So I tell him to finalize it all. Now all the while I had thought our connection was bad because there was a light ghostly echo that I could hear in the background. So the rep comes back and says sir I cant upgrade your plans because when you got your new current phone the droid turbo 2 you signed a new 2 year contact so you are still in your 2 year window. I tell him well that’s odd considering I bought the phones used from someone and ever bought them from Verizon to sign up for anything. And that these are the 4th phones ive had in the past year since I constantly but used phones locally and to upgrade without going through Verizon and signing contracts in fact ive not bought a phone from any carrier in the past 6 years. So I asked where it shows I bought the phones from Verizon and signed my contract? Now that echo is very distinct it’s a 3rd voice telling my rep what to say word for word. The voice says “say we can’t tell and you need to contact customer service tomorrow” the rep repeats that word for word. I replay with. Id like to speak to an manager the voice says “say im not available” so the rep says sir hes not available. I then tell the rep I can hear your manager whispering in your ear exactly what to say to me. The rep stutters and I hear the manager say “start ending the call” the rep goes to speak and I say STOP I can literally hear your manager who is standing over you whisper in your ear what to tell me. I do not want to end this call and I want to stop playing games and speak to the manager.. CLICK I was disconnected again

natewood70
11-17-2016, 12:56 PM
That's a bummer. I usually always try to perform any customer service interaction with any company via chat or email. This way you'll have an irrefutable paper trail.

I went through something similar to you (I have Verizon as well), and had quite the opposite experience.

I dropped down from the 12 GB plan to the 8 GB because of the promotion they had for select smartphones receiving 2 GB of additional data each. They missed adding it to my account upon the change, but immediately took care of it once I called in and reminded them of the proof I had.

I hope you get this sorted, especially for the Pixel... This phone rocks!

Sent from my Pixel... please excuse typos.

Cruzscarwash
11-17-2016, 02:37 PM
so now after anther call.

my bill went from 140 down to 109
6 gigs of data to 10
I have carry over data and 3g safety mode

right now its buy one get one half off the pixel BUT I was told NOT to upgrade now and wait until black Friday as it will be an even better deal. so hopefully next week

Eric@CherryOnTop
11-17-2016, 03:34 PM
My bill would have gone down to zero because they would no longer be my service provider.

Mrguy57
11-17-2016, 07:37 PM
My bill would have gone down to zero because they would no longer be my service provider.

Agreed.