PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Polishes

Excessive Detail
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Has anybody used 1Z's line of pro polishes, whats your take and do they work good in direct sunlight like Optimum polishes?

ScottB
11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
I am starting to play with them, nice replacement for SSR's and Optimum. Not quite a Menzerna and a little harder to remove. Will tell more after some additional use.

Excessive Detail
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I am starting to play with them, nice replacement for SSR's and Optimum. Not quite a Menzerna and a little harder to remove. Will tell more after some additional use.

Let me know how they work out for you, I have been trying to decide which brand I want to stick with, I'm choosing between Optimum, mainly cause of the price and they do work pretty well, or Menzerna, and I figured I see if the 1Z is any good. Thanks

Z06-Goose
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Has anybody used 1Z's line of pro polishes, whats your take and do they work good in direct sunlight like Optimum polishes?I have used both the Intensive Paste and the High Gloss Polish. I definitely would not recommend it in direct sunlight; especially the 1Z HGP it dries faster than the IP, and it can be a pain to remove
The IP has a much longer working time, but no direct sunlight test by me

Excessive Detail
11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I have used both the Intensive Paste and the High Gloss Polish. I definitely would not recommend it in direct sunlight; especially the 1Z HGP it dries faster than the IP, and it can be a pain to remove
The IP has a much longer working time, but no direct sunlight test by me

Thanks for the reply and the info, thats what I figured about 1Z, well I guess 1Z is out for me, thanks again.

trlblazer3
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info regarding the sun-friendliness. I wonder if much like Menz polishes if you add a little OP to them you could work them a little longer/get a little more sun-friendliness with them?

Z06-Goose
11-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the reply and the info, thats what I figured about 1Z, well I guess 1Z is out for me, thanks again.Let me know if you'd like to try a sample of either or both
I'm at altitude where the humidity is low, and the air is thin. Your results may be different than mine...

ScottB
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
remember a damp towel can help remove dried polish that is a bi-o-tch to remove by itself.

purplenurple
11-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I tried the polishes the other day with my new PC. The IP had much less cut than I expected. I tried it out on a '02 ML320 with an LC orange pad - spread on 3, one pass on 6, and one pass on 5. It seems to get worked it and dry pretty fast. I was using ONR QD on the pad and in the sun....

supercharged
11-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Has anybody used 1Z's line of pro polishes, whats your take and do they work good in direct sunlight like Optimum polishes?
I've been spoiled by Menzerna polishes, so I don't really see a need to try others.

Excessive Detail
11-13-2007, 12:15 PM
I've been spoiled by Menzerna polishes, so I don't really see a need to try others.

How does the menzerna polishes work in the sun for you, I have only done a few like that and it really wasn't that hot outside, so I really have not had the full direct sunlight experience with menzerna polishes, I know that optimum will work in the sun no matter how hot it is, which makes me almost want to stay with them, but they don't producwe the finish like menzerna.

supercharged
11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
How does the menzerna polishes work in the sun for you, I have only done a few like that and it really wasn't that hot outside, so I really have not had the full direct sunlight experience with menzerna polishes, I know that optimum will work in the sun no matter how hot it is, which makes me almost want to stay with them, but they don't producwe the finish like menzerna.
I haven't tried them on very hot surfaces (never had a chance to), and since it's November, won't be able to 'till next summer.

TOGWT
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
These polishes were designed to work in the controlled temperature / humidity environment of a vehicle manufacturer’s paint shop finishing line, note that silicone has an adverse effect on the oils used for surface lubrication and can cause the polish to smear, also be aware that working outside you may have issues like excess humidity, heat, cold, etc that will affect there performance especially with the Nano polish (105FF) as it uses wax as a lubricant (colder temps may cause the wax to harden, hotter temps may cause it to melt, effecting surface lubrication)