PDA

View Full Version : What's the real deal with WG Uber?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Eldorado2k
11-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Ok so I'm thinking about buying some Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate for the 1st time but the description is full of so many claims that they may have lost track of their own facts? I'm trying to make sense of this...

It says 1/3rd oz. per 16oz. - Which equals 3oz. per 144oz. makes "waterless wash"

Then they go on to say 3oz. per gallon [128oz.] makes "detail spray"

So maybe I missed the news or something, but since when is Detail Spray more concentrated than Waterless Wash?? What the heck are they talking about? I'm trying to give this product a chance but I can't help but think it's a bunch of gimmick when they can't even get their own bold claims in order...

Then there's the word polymer getting thrown around over and over again in the description. Will this WG Uber interfere and change my sealants characteristics [i.e. water behavior, protection from bonded contaminants, weaken my protection by turning it into this layer of "Uber polymers"?

These are my questions. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RippyD
11-11-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't have answers for you. I could see detail spray being more concentrated than waterless use use so little of it. I'd want it to be slipperier that waterless because of the low volume. It seems like most of the detail sprays I've used feel thicker and slipperier than waterless wash. But I'm a newbie, so take it for what it's worth.

Surprising to me is the small recommended concentration difference for the two uses. There about 11% difference in concentration between the two.

ducksfan
11-12-2016, 12:10 AM
You should mix it up opposite of what they say. You don't want the Man telling you what to do (just don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that you really did it because that little bit of difference wouldn't matter.).

For example, I use 1oz with a little over 2 gallons to rinseless wash with instead of the approved 3 gallons.

Hey, in the spirit of Trump's victory, we should all splash some in a bucket; pour some water in; and just go to town. That would show'em.

willowcat11
11-12-2016, 12:42 AM
E2K, I was confused by that 2. I still don't know what the right dilutions are!

Eldorado2k
11-12-2016, 12:42 AM
You should mix it up opposite of what they say. You don't want the Man telling you what to do (just don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that you really did it because that little bit of difference wouldn't matter.).

Thanks for being the voice of reason.. But you're talking to a guy who sometimes uses a dropper to precisely pull an exact oz. of D114 concentrate to mix into a gallon of distilled water. Yea, I'm that guy.. I need order. Lol.

Better yet, I need these guys to follow through for all the so called German superiority when it comes to precision and details.. You'd think they'd be able to take care of the easy stuff like proofreading their own product description. Or maybe they got ahead of themselves while trying to hype up the product for more uses than they could remember..

Ok I'm probably going overboard now, but I've got a pet peeve when it comes to things like this. It reeks of people not doing their jobs and if that's the case then what the heck is the so called "German research" even worth? [IMO it's never been worth anything special, but they should at least Look the part. No?]

Ok I'm done ranting for now. Lol.

AZpolisher15
11-12-2016, 01:03 AM
Awesome product. Precision measurement isn't required. I love the versatility. I think those dilutions are listed such that it makes it easy and convenient for the user to to mix-- You know, like "add 1/3oz to a 16oz bottle"-- rather than saying add 4/11oz or 5/13oz to a 16oz bottle so that it makes the dilution precisely comparable to a larger or smaller quantity mixed. Long story short, just do what it says and it'll work nicely for the suggested application. I'm fairly certain they're not trying to slide one past you :)

LEDetailing
11-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Awesome product. Precision measurement isn't required. I love the versatility. I think those dilutions are listed such that it makes it easy and convenient for the user to to mix-- You know, like "add 1/3oz to a 16oz bottle"-- rather than saying add 4/11oz or 5/13oz to a 16oz bottle so that it makes the dilution precisely comparable to a larger or smaller quantity mixed. Long story short, just do what it says and it'll work nicely for the suggested application. I'm fairly certain they're not trying to slide one past you :)

Well said.

Eldo,

Trust the reviews and just give it a try. Uber rinseless concentrate is "the cat's pajamas". Don't think too much into the dilutions. Put down your eye dropper and pipette and use the cool self-measuring 16 oz bottle of Uber rinseless. I love the stuff, next AG order will have a gallon of the stuff.

Bob

The Guz
11-12-2016, 02:35 AM
If you want something that leaves nothing behind then you may want to consider waiting for Nick's new introduction into a rinseless that leaves nothing behind. He has a giveaway going for beta testers. The gloss shop will be releasing their rinseless theat leaves nothing behind very shortly. It's not sold through AGO so no links to post.

Eldorado2k
11-12-2016, 02:41 AM
Well it was a hard decision. I'm pretty stubborn, but I also love a good bargain.. So at the last minute I ended up giving the Germans as pass for their monumental mistake and put the dang Uber in my cart. Lol. I'm really loving Megs Last Touch, but I'm going through it pretty fast and it only made financial sense to give it a try so I bit the bullet.

Now with the free shipping going on until 9pm Pac. time last night, I literally waited until the last 5min. to start placing my order and my intentions were to either buy the Uber or another gallon of Last Touch + a gallon of McKee's Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator. But when I found out the tire cleaner was $42.99 instead of $32.99 like I had thought, I said no way I'm getting that right now and instead needed something worth $30 in order to reach $50 and take advantage of a killer coupon I had available.

So in a frantic rush with 1 min. till the 9pm. deadline I picked up some McKee's Paint Coating...

Uber rinseless concentrate is "the cat's pajamas".

I wish you hadn't said that^
Because my cat heard that and now she won't quit asking me if the "free gift" on orders over $50 is gonna be the Uber Cat Pajamas you mentioned! She won't shut up, and has sold out Megs D115 in favor of what she thinks are free Uber Cat Pajamas coming for her in the mail. Lol.

She wants me to use up the last gallon of D115 asap. Crazy cat. Lol.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161112/afd17cca1bb91b068bce1efc5f908c6a.jpg

Justin at Final Inspection
11-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Uber is a great product. For rinseless washing I use the 1oz to 3gal dilution. Sometimes I use a bit more like 1.5-2oz

For a waterless wash/detail spray/clay lube I mix .5 oz to 24oz of water. Works great.

Dereksdtail
11-12-2016, 08:44 AM
I've used uber a various ratios for rinseless and waterless,depending on the job, it's always super slick and cleans nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

fightnews
11-12-2016, 09:16 AM

For example, I use 1oz with a little over 2 gallons to rinseless wash with instead of the approved 3 gallons.

Hey, in the spirit of Trump's victory, we should all splash some in a bucket; pour some water in; and just go to town. That would show'em.

i appreciate the fact that this is not a censored forum where you are not allowed to criticize the products the owners sell. i have no criticism of the many products ive bought including the synergy wax but its good to know if there was a problem i could talk about it.

i know nothing about the uber i use the pinnacle liquid crystal concentrate and i love it

fightnews
11-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Thanks for being the voice of reason.. But you're talking to a guy who sometimes uses a dropper to precisely pull an exact oz. of D114 concentrate to mix into a gallon of distilled water. Yea, I'm that guy.. I need order. Lol.

Better yet, I need these guys to follow through for all the so called German superiority when it comes to precision and details.. You'd think they'd be able to take care of the easy stuff like proofreading their own product description. Or maybe they got ahead of themselves while trying to hype up the product for more uses than they could remember..

Ok I'm probably going overboard now, but I've got a pet peeve when it comes to things like this. It reeks of people not doing their jobs and if that's the case then what the heck is the so called "German research" even worth? [IMO it's never been worth anything special, but they should at least Look the part. No?]

Ok I'm done ranting for now. Lol.

where do you get the distilled water? i just use filtered tap

cyclops
11-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Play around with the mixtures just to see what works best for you.
I use a little more Uber for clay lube, little less for QD. For presoak just fill the bottle from the bucket so in that case using less than recommended.

There are no rules.

Eldorado2k
11-12-2016, 10:54 AM
where do you get the distilled water? i just use filtered tap

At the supermarket, it's right next to the bottled spring water. $1 per gallon.