PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions Regarding XMT 360

Pages : [1] 2

JBs
11-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Sorry if this has been said before... I did search :)

Anyways, I just ordered some xmt 360 and natty's red (i have been using the blue, and like it; see sig). I hear that 360 is a sealant as well as a 1 step polish, but have heard that it can be used with an orange pad?

I purchased the 360 with a 1 step polish in mind for those cars that were already in good condition, but am wondering if i could use it to replace XMT1/2 (w/ white pad).

Also, it is a sealant, but says it needs no curing time. Will it be ok to put some Natty's over the 360 once i am done polishing with it?

thanks for the input, i know i will have more questions soon enough :cheers:

supercharged
11-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Sorry if this has been said before... I did search :)

Anyways, I just ordered some xmt 360 and natty's red (i have been using the blue, and like it; see sig). I hear that 360 is a sealant as well as a 1 step polish, but have heard that it can be used with an orange pad?

I purchased the 360 with a 1 step polish in mind for those cars that were already in good condition, but am wondering if i could use it to replace XMT1/2 (w/ white pad).

Also, it is a sealant, but says it needs no curing time. Will it be ok to put some Natty's over the 360 once i am done polishing with it?

thanks for the input, i know i will have more questions soon enough :cheers:
XMT 360 correctimg ability is really pad dependant. Use it with orange pad, to remove light swirls. It is a one stepper polish/sealant, with no curing time. You can top it off with Natty's Red right away.

JBs
11-09-2007, 02:26 AM
thank you! this is the answer i was looking for.

can i use this on a car with light-med swirling? or is the paint correction really that little?

thanks again!

trhland
11-09-2007, 05:41 AM
its only ment for very light scraches and it does fill some of those

supercharged
11-09-2007, 06:05 AM
thank you! this is the answer i was looking for.

can i use this on a car with light-med swirling? or is the paint correction really that little?

thanks again!
You are welcome. Light yes, moderate - some will be removed, some will still remain; might take you 2-3 passes.

MoBenzOwner
11-09-2007, 08:51 AM
how does the cut of xmt360 compare to xmt1 or xmt2?
Thanks

makdaddy626
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
how does the cut of xmt360 compare to xmt1 or xmt2?
Thanks

I've used it but would be hard pressed to assign a value to it's cut because it does contain fillers. I don't think it will REMOVE as many imperfections as XMT 2, but between removing and filling will look like it did more than XMT 1, at least for a little while (until the fillers are gone).

Dust2Glory
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
360 is a maintain polish and should only really be used on a brand new car, or one that has been properly polished to remove swirls. Correction is minimal, fillers are great and durability is ok. Definately top with Natty Red and you will get fantastic results!!!

Darren F
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
This is off of the AG website, doesnt say anything about fillers...I was under the impression it didnt have any fillers from this....

Corrects. XMT 360™ does what no mere cleaner wax can do; it removes light swirls and imperfections to leave the paint looking flawless. Ultra fine abrasives - so fine they are not perceptible by sight or touch - gently blend away fine blemishes and visibly smooth the paint. Light spider webbing and water spots vanish. XMT 360™ works like a mild swirl remover but, remarkably, it eliminates the need for a separate cleansing lotion or sealant.

And then it also says:

XMT 360™ by Pinnacle is a revolutionary new product that combines correction, cleaning, and sealing into one simple step. This all-in-one wonder eliminates the need to use a separate mild swirl remover, paint cleanser, and sealant, yet you achieve the same depth, gloss, and slickness! XMT 360™ is total car care made easier

makdaddy626
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
360 does contain fillers. I know from experience and it's been well documented on the forum. While you're correct that it doesn't explicitly say that in it's description, that's not uncommon. Many products that contain fillers don't advertise it. But, with 360 look for what is NOT said in it's description... if you look at the pure polishes from XMT you find a statement like this:

XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover contains no fillers so you can see the results of your work

You won't see a statement like that in the 360 description.

D
11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
XMT 360 corrects about 10% and hides about 90%.

Darren F
11-09-2007, 10:43 AM
What about a product like Optimum Poli Seal? Does it have fillers like 360? And also are these AIO products not something you should use very often? When I say very often I mean maybe once every 2 months?

makdaddy626
11-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Poli Seal is a regular sealant, not an AIO, it does not clean or polish the paint. I think a lot of LSP will hide some imperfections though.

Personally, I don't think using most AIO every month or two would hurt, but I don't think it's necessary either. IMO the idea of an AIO is to save time, and seperating the polish and protection steps yeilds better results. That said, I do use K AIO a lot after polishing with a dedicated polish for it's paint cleaning ability as well as to leave some protection, but it's always topped with a seperate LSP. In a month or two, with proper washing and drying, you shouldn't need to re-polish and there's no reason to clean the paint of all old wax/sealant, just add a fresh coat of whatever the LSP you're using is. If you want to change LSP, particularly from a wax to a sealant, it's a good idea to use some type of paint cleaner to remove the old wax and leave a good surface for bonding.

Darren F
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I think you are confussing Poli Seal for Opti Seal.....Opti Seal is a wipe on sealant and Poli Seal is an AIO...

makdaddy626
11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
You're right, I was confusing the two. I haven't used either so I can't say for sure whether it has any fillers or not.