PDA

View Full Version : A farewell to Bob from all of us at Autogeek

VISITOR
11-09-2016, 11:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tutnfLpVee8

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-10-2016, 06:37 AM
Sad to see you go Bob. You ran a great company staffed with amazing people and fantastic products. Wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Desertnate
11-10-2016, 08:31 AM
I was privileged to meet Bob on the set of the Riddler Competition Ready shoot. Despite how busy everything was, he was gracious and outgoing to everyone there.

The company he's built is a unique spot in the world and a legacy of which to be proud. I wish him all the best!

Mike Phillips
11-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Thanks for starting this thread Al

I too would like to say thank you to Mr. Bob McKee.

I have my own tribute post that I'll post as its own thread but suffice to say, Bob changed the industry.

He led by example. He helped to improve thousands of lives even tens of thousands. He took care of his family which includes his employees. He gave people chances, second chances, third chances and more. He forgives those who have wronged him, his company and his family. He's generous to those in need of help. He opens doors for those that know him as well as absolute strangers. He keeps his word. If he makes a promise he keeps his promise. If he makes a mistake he owns up to and does whatever it takes to make it right. He's lives his life and conducts his business in a positive manner and shows others and inspires others to do the same. He educates those around them so they don't have to learn through the school of hard knocks. He creates opportunity where no opportunity exists. He's kind. He's friendly. He's a great father.

I'm a better person for knowing Bob. I'm a better employee for having worked under Bob.

While Bob has turned the reins and direction of the company he built over to new owners, it's comforting to know he'll be acting as an ambassador for Autogeek moving into the future.

Thank you Bob for all you've done for me, for everyone whose lives you've touched and the car hobby in general and the car detailing industry specifically.

I'm proud and honored to call Bob my friend.

:dblthumb2:

axel06
11-10-2016, 09:21 AM
one of the best men on earth, BOB and the whole crew at Autogeek are something very special, i can only explain it as magic that happens in the AUTOGEEK Show Car Garage, i know BOB wont be far away just take in time to enjoy the road ahead, so glad for you BOB enjoy that deluxe MOTOR coach and enjoy this beautiful country America !!!!

FUNX650
11-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Mr. Bob McKee...

SALUTE!

https://m.popkey.co/b3db09/x0LW_f-maxage-0.gif

Bob

RPM_BR
11-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Very touching, emotional video. God bless you, Bob. And welcome, Tony and Laura.

PaulMys
11-10-2016, 09:33 PM
First I'm hearing of this. Kind of sad. Hope the new regime will keep Bob's ideals & vision, and build upon it in a way that would make him proud.

Thank you very much Bob for all you have done. I am grateful to you for founding this outstanding company.

ScottB
11-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Bob was and always will be a truly loving and caring individual. He always made me and my family feel wanted/needed/appreciated.

It was amazing to watch the change from The Drivers Seat to an worldwide internet based business. He always had time to discuss the industry, cars, and was always respectful of other brands. I remember the first time I truly saw his vision for the future and just how special he was. We were at Eckler's Corvette Show and he took us for a quick Baja in that blue Hummer. While bouncing up and down, smiles and laughs from cheek to cheek, he talked about where the business was heading and how important his family was to him. The forum exploded shortly after that and 25 posts daily grew at a blistering rate. He was absolutely driven that catalogs were old school and the internet would drive the business.

You felt special .... he treated you as an equal no matter who you were. You knew greater things would come at fast pace, and he always was on the leading edge.

He has watched my family grow ... and was always there to talk to my sons and thank them for their time and effort around each Detailfest. I am proud to say I attended every DF without fail as I loved to be part of the extended Autogeek family. I wish him many blessings and privileged to say Bob is a friend.

I wish you many happy memories and a lot of time dedicated to your family. Live healthy and know you made a difference.

Nick McKees37
11-14-2016, 03:56 PM
First I'm hearing of this. Kind of sad. Hope the new regime will keep Bob's ideals & vision, and build upon it in a way that would make him proud.

Thank you very much Bob for all you have done. I am grateful to you for founding this outstanding company.

It's bittersweet, that's for sure. We're all very excited to see what the future has to bring. :dblthumb2: