PDA

View Full Version : Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.

Consoleman
11-07-2016, 02:08 PM
So finding the right tire shine has been the most difficult thing to do. Unlike MF towels, drying towels, Car wash soap, ect, when it comes to tire shine everyone has a different brand they use.

I have read some post and found that some tire shine products react/work different with depending on the tire brand. I have a stock 22" chevy truck bridestone tire. Does anyone have a product they recommend that has worked on their bridgestone tires.

Cleaning:
If you buy a quality product you should expect to apply the product every 3-5 months roughly. I hear some people post when they wash their car that they wash the tires (ie if you clean your tires every week your maintaining your tires vs doing it once a month will require a few good scrubings.)

I dont understand this since I tought that you buy a quality product to aviod washing it all off and reapplying it weekly or biweekly.

These arent my wheels but they look exactly like this

waterman
11-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Hello,

I'm definitely not a expert but this what I have used. Mckees tire and rubber rejuvenator to clean the tires and Black Magic Tire Wet Gel. I do get a little sling but it wipes off. I have tried lots of different products and this is the best. When the shine wears down the tire is still a dark black. The only reason I put the tire dressing on was because it was nice out! I didn't need to add anything. I use this on another car with bridge stones and really don't need to add anything.

Lou

CDot
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
I've owned 2-3 sets of Firestone tires and my experience is that they are the worst brand of tire (I've personally owned) for holding water-based dressings. Don't be frustrated, some tires just don't hold dressings the same. Best thing you can do is make sure tires are as clean as possible, apply a good-quality dressing per the product instructions, and enjoy while it lasts. Then when it's time, get a diff brand of tire if you can't stand it :-)