PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it.

Jeremy1976
11-06-2016, 04:24 PM
I'm evolving with the times.... I ordered up a coating system to coat my personal cars even though I said I probably never would. I also did my first rinseless wash today on my personal car... The Wolfgang Uber is awesome! I love it! Times they are a changing... LOL

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

BrutalNoodle
11-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Which coating system are you going with?

How many towels did you ended up using?

Just finished a rinseless myself. Going to play with some Gyeon tomorrow (thanks [b]ronkh57!).

ViperGuy21
11-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Nice! I absolutely love the Uber RW! Great RW, WW, detail spray, and clay lube! Definitely one of my favorite products!

Which coating did you go with? WG?

I have the PBL system, and have the wheel and glass coatings on my car. I do have the paint coating on the back end and roof of my car since the sun had killed the paint even before I got the car.

The only car I've completely coated was a Porsche GT3, and I am super happy with the PBL coatings!

OCDetails
11-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Coatings seem like great ideas, but I am at an absolute loss how I would sell one to a customer. I'm not doing this full time, like a lot of you, so I don't get quite as many chances to sell it. The thing that would make me nervous about selling one of these is that if it lasts as long as they say they do (some in the 3+ year range) then that is a customer I'm not going to see for at least a couple years. I kind of like getting my $300 bucks twice a year from some people. ;) So am I being a little selfish by not offering the best protection for their cars? I kind of feel like it. I wouldn't know what to charge anyway. What is a reasonable charge to the client for something that is significantly more expensive to use and provides significantly longer protection? I'm already charging more than I would ever pay to have someone detail my car, so I'm wondering if this would be a customer type I've not yet even found.

GSKR
11-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Coatings seem like great ideas, but I am at an absolute loss how I would sell one to a customer. I'm not doing this full time, like a lot of you, so I don't get quite as many chances to sell it. The thing that would make me nervous about selling one of these is that if it lasts as long as they say they do (some in the 3+ year range) then that is a customer I'm not going to see for at least a couple years. I kind of like getting my $300 bucks twice a year from some people. ;) So am I being a little selfish by not offering the best protection for their cars? I kind of feel like it. I wouldn't know what to charge anyway. What is a reasonable charge to the client for something that is significantly more expensive to use and provides significantly longer protection? I'm already charging more than I would ever pay to have someone detail my car, so I'm wondering if this would be a customer type I've not yet even found.you won't be losing any money.A nice quality coating with prep pricing reasonably 550 and up.At 550 that car won't be needing so much.last several months been pulling in 1000.00 for correction and coating.

GSKR
11-06-2016, 05:16 PM
And no interior cleaning as well.

Jeremy1976
11-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Which coating system are you going with?

How many towels did you ended up using?

Just finished a rinseless myself. Going to play with some Gyeon tomorrow (thanks [b]ronkh57!).

I used 8 towels total including 1 for wheels.

I'm sure someone will.jump all over me for this, but I went with Garry Dean's new Infinite Force Field coating kit. It officially gets released but he had a special 1 day only pre release sale in the kit. Comes with a stripper, the coating that will do 4 cars, and 16 ounces of a maintenance solution for the coating.

BrutalNoodle
11-06-2016, 05:44 PM
I had to check it out. Good price for the kit. Looking forward to see the results you'll be getting.

8 towels sounds about right. That's where I'm usually at, between 8 to 10 towels.

SRConcepts
11-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Comes with a stripper.

Well, that's one way to sell a new product, must have been a heck of a sale! :laughing:Im the MAN

Ebg18t
11-06-2016, 08:39 PM
I used 8 towels total including 1 for wheels.

I'm sure someone will.jump all over me for this, but I went with Garry Dean's new Infinite Force Field coating kit. It officially gets released but he had a special 1 day only pre release sale in the kit. Comes with a stripper, the coating that will do 4 cars, and 16 ounces of a maintenance solution for the coating.

I just find it interesting that he suggests the coating boost be applied at least every other month.

I really enjoy not having to do anything to my coatings other that a RW. At a year I might look into the Pinnacle Black Label coating booster.

WillSports3
11-06-2016, 08:53 PM
I think a coating booster is a great way for someone who wants a coating but can't leave their car alone and not touch it. It works well quite frankly and plus it lets you add a product on that you normally would not be able to sell to the product. Realistically, apply it and see if you need to use a coating booster at all.