PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Glass - nasty smell?

Pages : [1] 2

briarpatch
11-06-2016, 10:28 AM
So, at the advice of a friend, and out if curiosity, I tried Invisible Glass. Works as advertised....no noticeable streaking, nice clean glass. I should add here that I'm not good at windows, so this was a plus. I was, however, very put off by the smell it left behind. I'm sure it will dissipate, but it smelled like I was cleaning the windows with nail polish remover. I should also add here that my familiarity with that (nail polish remover) smell is not from personal experience...I share a house with my wife and two daughters. Has anyone else had this problem? Did I maybe get a bad bottle of this stuff?

TTQ B4U
11-06-2016, 11:41 AM
IMO that's a bad bottle. Has a very faint smell but nothing like that. Leaves ZERO smell behind. It's all I use in the car or house.

dudley07726
11-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Yes, it has an odor when sprayed but quickly dissipates. I'm surprised they say you can uses it on tinted windows inside. Smells like it's a real strong chemical that would damage the tint film.

FUNX650
11-06-2016, 03:30 PM
I tried Invisible Glass.
I was, however, very put off
by the smell it left behind.

it smelled like I was cleaning the
windows with nail polish remover.

Well...Stoner's Invisible Glass
does contain:
•Isopropyl alcohol
•2-butoxyethanol
•Acetone
•Water

Additionally:
Some people's smellers are
more sensitive than others.

Bob

ScottB
11-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Never noticed a particularly heavy or weird scent from Invisible Glass. If you want a nice scent in glass cleaner, consider Sprayway Glass Cleaner. It has a nice lavender scent.

briarpatch
11-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Well...Stoner's Invisible Glass
does contain:
•Isopropyl alcohol
•2-butoxyethanol
•Acetone
•Water

Additionally:
Some people's smellers are
more sensitive than others.

Bob

thats it...acetone...that's the smell I'm noticing...did not realize it had that in there

osiapstndp
11-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Meguiar's D120 glass cleaner has a pleasant scent. It's reminiscent of grape. Additionally, it is sold as a concentrate and can be diluted to match one's needs.

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is a great product too, but to my sense it smells like refrigerated hot dogs from the grocery store. But it still cleans well! :)

parshooter
11-07-2016, 08:00 AM
I'm surprised they say you can uses it on tinted windows inside. Smells like it's a real strong chemical that would damage the tint film.

Actually, it says on the bottle to NOT use on inside glass. I did once and the smell was strong. I now use vinegar/water solution for the inside glasses.

arres
11-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Actually, it says on the bottle to NOT use on inside glass. I did once and the smell was strong. I now use vinegar/water solution for the inside glasses.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161113/a096508462a89968eb4fb18cd9ece18b.png

It says multiple times on the bottle it is tint safe and it's also ok to use indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudley07726
11-13-2016, 09:13 AM

Doesn't say that at all.

Houdini5150
11-13-2016, 09:47 AM
I use it, and the odor is not that strong unless you are sensitive to smells...

vanev
11-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Which media did you use?
- Spray Can
- Spray Bottle.
- Wipes.
- Other.

Stoners's Invisible Glass out of the spray bottle is solvent heavy and can produce a nauseating and lingering smell.
This will be significantly more noticeable on interior glass.
I think the product does a good job, but I consider it more of a glass decontamination product vs an everyday glass cleaner.

briarpatch
11-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Which media did you use?
- Spray Can
- Spray Bottle.
- Wipes.
- Other.

Stoners's Invisible Glass out of the spray bottle is solvent heavy and can produce a nauseating and lingering smell.
This will be significantly more noticeable on interior glass.
I think the product does a good job, but I consider it more of a glass decontamination product vs an everyday glass cleaner.

I used the spray bottle

parshooter
11-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Doesn't say that at all.

I must have an older bottle, because it DOES say it.

custmsprty
11-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Yes, it has an odor when sprayed but quickly dissipates. I'm surprised they say you can uses it on tinted windows inside. Smells like it's a real strong chemical that would damage the tint film.

I learned about Invisible Glass years ago from my tint guy, he swears by it.

In general it's only "ammonia" based glass cleaners that you don't want to use on tint or plexiglass.

This is directly form their website:

Invisible Glass easily removes oily dirt, pet slobber, grease, fingerprints, smudges, smoke haze, sap, bugs, and extra tough grime from glass in your home, office, or vehicle. Its ClearDry™ formula evaporates quickly and completely, leaving no streaks on glass. Invisible Glass contains no soaps, scents, or dyes, which can leave streaky residues that are hard to remove. Safe to use on tinted windows!