PDA

View Full Version : is WETS worth it?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Consoleman
11-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Im looking for something to use on the exterior plastic trim and maybe tire shine. I liked what people said about wolfgangs exterior trim sealant WETS, but then i saw that price! Wheeeeweeee.

Is it really worth 8oz for $30? Id hate to use that on my tires.

coles_paint_correction
11-04-2016, 06:49 PM
I personally prob would just use hyper dressing and dilute it and get some plastic swaps for hard areas.
Least thats what i do lol. Theres some products to restore them for a long time but are pricey unless customer recommends or wants.

custmsprty
11-04-2016, 06:49 PM
I love it, and keep in mind Black Friday sales are just around the corner. I use a Carrand tire applicator to apply to exterior trim. A little goes a long way.

FUNX650
11-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Im looking for something to use
on the exterior plastic trim

and maybe tire shine.

Is it really worth 8oz for $30?
Id hate to use that on my tires.
If you are willing to not use WETS
to dress vehicles' tires (I don't) then:
You bet it's well worth the money!!

Bob

willowcat11
11-04-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm picky about my exterior trim. Because of the durability and look it is way worth it imo. (Many)not all people, who say it's not worth have just never used it. It stays on a loooong time, looks great, and that tiny bottle goes far if applied right.

Consoleman
11-04-2016, 07:25 PM
SOLD!! I follow your advice and only use it for ext trim and not tires.

I dont have much trim on my truck so how long does a bottle last? Also, suggested applicator?

GSKR
11-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Suggested applicator is the yellow foam circular pad the type you use for a paste wax.

BrutalNoodle
11-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Also, check AG's sister site.

Right now Wolfgangcarcare.com is running a 20% off with free shipping and no minimum.

Beautiful truck, btw.

MarkD51
11-04-2016, 08:18 PM
I use WETS on mostly things like Rubber Weatherstipping, the softer stuff, and choose to use other, less expensive products on Tires, plastic Body Cladding.

Or, I might choose to use more expensive coatings.

But I like WETS for some things other than auto detailing.

Example:

I'll use it on certain Handgun Grips, like my Walther PPK/S Black Plastic Grips, beautiful after a dressing, and many other little odd and end things.

Pricey, yeah, and it has gotten pricier more recently, but I still feel it's a good product to have in one's arsenal to use in certain special instances.

In fact today, I did something I never did before with WETS. I applied it to the Wiper Blades on my Daily Driver.

I don't know how this will work out yet, but sure seen lots of crud come off the blades, and they felt so buttery soft and slick after.

I let them dry about 25 minutes before dropping them back down upon the glass.

My weather conditions here eat wiper blades like candy.

Mantilgh
11-04-2016, 08:21 PM
I just started using it because of all the great thing I've heard.

I need to try it with a regular wax applicator, I've used a microfiber wrapped one and it seemed to soak up a lot of product and not want to release it.

custmsprty
11-04-2016, 08:24 PM

I dont have much trim on my truck so how long does a bottle last? Also, suggested applicator?

My Rogue has trim all the way around the base and wheel wells and Florida sun is really hard on plastic trim. I get 3-4 months out of it duirng the rainy season and up to 6 months over our dry season.

custmsprty
11-04-2016, 08:33 PM

Wolfgang link

Specials (http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/newsletter-special.html)

BrutalNoodle
11-04-2016, 08:36 PM
I need to try it with a regular wax applicator, I've used a microfiber wrapped one and it seemed to soak up a lot of product and not want to release it.

Yeah, you'd want to use these: Foam Applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/pinfoamwaxap1.html).

Microfiber applicators/towels absorb too much and waste product. I use it for Solution Finish as well.

lane5515
11-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Used WETS today. It's worth it.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3254/medium/Cowl5050combo.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3254/medium/BoxTrimCombo.jpg

TTQ B4U
11-04-2016, 10:12 PM
photobucket seems down or I'd post some links to pics but in the end yes, it's very much worth it.