PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Serum Light

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mwemaxxowner
11-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Who has used CSL?

On a scale of 1-10 how good of a product is it? Length of protection? Shine level? How easy does it make keeping clean?

Many thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

FrankS
11-03-2016, 05:22 PM
I've used it on several cars.

I'd say it's about a 9.

One of the best coatings I've tried.

Good gloss.

It claims about 3-5 years protection.

Easy wipe off when you follow the directions and it's not too hot and humid.

Hasn't been out that long so I can't testify to it's longevity.

The Guz
11-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Hopefully Justin@FinalInspection chimes in. I recall he has used it.

mwemaxxowner
11-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Thanks y'all. I have a full correction and coating with it planned very soon for a very good price. I've done some research on the product but I'm getting antsy waiting and was curious to hear any first hand experience.

It came out a lot cheaper than going the opticoat pro route or something similar. And I think it'll suit me well.

FrankS
11-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Antti (Forum member Antti@561detailing) and I have applied together on several cars.

He's used it more than I have perhaps he'll chime in also.

Justin at Final Inspection
11-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Use it as my go to coating. Pretty much everything FrankS has said is dead on.

Very user friendly. If it's cool out you can apply in a little bigger area but I tend to stick to a 2x2 then immediately wipe off. Don't allow it to sit and flash.

I have used it on at least 8-10 cars this summer with great success. Feel free to search my threads. I have showcased it a good bit here.

mwemaxxowner
11-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Awesome! I was quoted $550 to do my '16 f150. I'm very excited.

11-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Awesome. You shouldn't be disappointed with the performance. Like anything else it's all on how you maintain it. Use a proper soap for coated vehicles. 2 bucket method for washing. Blow drying the vehicle etc etc.

The vehicle will still get dirty but you will definitely see an increase on ease of maintenance when it comes time to wash it.

mwemaxxowner
11-03-2016, 07:39 PM
I have a foam cannon. Which brings up another question.

What wash(es) do you guys recommend?

I have the deluxe filter kit from this site. The last time I washed with it, I foamed, washed, keeping it wet the whole time, then hit it with my blower and no towels. It actually turned out well with few or no water spots.

I'm hoping the coating will make it easier to stay on top of drying and not water spotting. The truck is black and I've fought it a bit.

I've used pinnacle rinseless a bit (two bucket with grit guard) and like that also.

11-03-2016, 07:55 PM
I like Carpro Reset for coated vehicles. I use a Tornador air powered foam gun and lather up the surface. Then do a 2 bucket wash then blow dry. Then touch it up with some high quality microfiber towels and some McKee's high gloss detail spray.

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash works great mixed as a detail spray too.

mwemaxxowner
11-04-2016, 07:31 AM
You guys keep raising more questions. Haha.

I have used a detail spray very little.

And because, when I do, it winds up streaky, or at the very least I can see streaks or wipe marks in the light.

I've used mother's and McKee's high gloss detail spray. What am I doing wrong?

I use microfiber towels or cloths bought from here.

mwemaxxowner
11-04-2016, 07:45 AM

I've been recommended to try Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss. It's produced in state.

Desertnate
11-04-2016, 08:08 AM
You guys keep raising more questions. Haha.

I have used a detail spray very little.

And because, when I do, it winds up streaky, or at the very least I can see streaks or wipe marks in the light.

I've used mother's and McKee's high gloss detail spray. What am I doing wrong?

I use microfiber towels or cloths bought from here.

How are you applying the detail spray? Are you using it as a drying aid, or after the car is dry?

I've found streaking to be a sign of putting down too much product and/or I'm doing too big of an area on a pannel that is too warm (i.e. in the sun). When I do get streaks, I'll immediately follow with a dry towel and buff them off. If that doesn't work a very light spritz of the product to the troubled area will usually allow them to buff right out.

mwemaxxowner
11-04-2016, 08:39 AM
I've tried it as a drying aid, which I found to just make drying take too long, and after dry for a water spot or water streak or something. I've never tried a big area. Mostly just a spray in one small area, to try it, then decided to quit messing with it. I'll focus on trying to saturate the spot less. I wash in the late afternoon as much as possible, but there really isn't much I can do about the sun.

antti@561detailing
11-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Like Justin, it is my go to coating.
on a scale 1-10 I'd say 10 as far as consumer coatings go.
As you can see, I have used few bottles of it.

I have it on my own car since I received the sample, few months before it came out. ( now 12 months ago) also Black car.
And I have second car which had also 8 or different coatings on it. Just to see which ones fail.
And I do abuse my cars, because I want to know what I am selling. CSl is pretty much only one I would recommend.

As far as maintenance, I use ONR to wash it, and opti seal as a drying aid. Or Gtechniq UV wash or Gtechniq Citrus wash ( for foam Gun).
You can use Gtechniq quick detailer as drying aid. And I use Gtechniq C2V3 over CSL just for added protection.

If you have black plastic anywhere, apply Gtechniq plastic coating on it.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3253/GtechniqCrystalSerumLight.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/112187/title/gtechniq-crystal-serum-light/cat/3253)