PDA

View Full Version : A/C moldy smell remover

Mike Honcho
11-03-2016, 07:46 AM
What do you guys use to get rid of the moldy smell when the A/C is turned on? I want to go after the source and clean the coils in the box where the drain hole is located. I'm thinking it's staying moist in there letting the bad stuff grow. Maybe some kind of cleaner (foaming?) that can be sprayed up thru the evaporator case drain hose? (I use a carbon cabin filter but that doesn't solve the issue.)

Setec Astronomy
11-03-2016, 07:52 AM
This stuff is the bomb...and I think I mean that literally...

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-klima-cleaner-air-freshener.html)

Mike Honcho
11-03-2016, 07:56 AM
I saw that in the AG Store but it appears they don't sell it anymore?

Mantilgh
11-03-2016, 08:04 AM
There was a link to this at the bottom of the page.

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner (ETU) Easy-To-Use (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-klima-cleaner-easy-to-use.html)

Setec Astronomy
11-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Oh...I think that got fouled up in the Einzett/Nextzett thing...I'm presuming it will resurface as a Nextzett (I hope!!). In the meantime there is a Kool-It product at that river store that looks similar but I can't vouch for that because I haven't used it. There's also a Nu-Calgon Evap Foam No Rinse, but that doesn't have the snorkel tube.

Setec Astronomy
11-03-2016, 08:08 AM
There was a link to this at the bottom of the page.

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner (ETU) Easy-To-Use (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-klima-cleaner-easy-to-use.html)

Well, that one actually is a bomb, for me I'd prefer to spray it right at the source. It's also out of stock, anyway.

Einzett/Nextzett website says the ETU version will be back in stock in Dec, while the snorkel model Jan '17.

Mike Honcho
11-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Ok. Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
11-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Although the Klima-Cleaner would be my first choice, if it's an emergency I wouldn't hesitate to try that Kool-It product, or the Nu-Calgon stuff, if you can get it to spray where you need. Calgon/Nu-Calgon is a well known industrial brand.

Mantilgh
11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
It's also out of stock, anyway.

Doh, sorry I guess that wasn't much help.

Einzett/Nextzett website says the ETU version will be back in stock in Dec, while the snorkel model Jan '17.

^That is helpful, above and beyond!:dblthumb2:

The Guz
11-03-2016, 11:46 AM
The Meguiar's Air Refresher Odor Eliminators work as well.

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2017, 11:08 PM
I was just looking to see if this stuff was back, now the Nextzett site doesn't have an availability date, only that it will be back.

What is more troubling is I looked at their tutorial (which applied to the latest product when they were still selling it), and it says "the new formula DOES NOT foam", and that you can therefore no longer drop the snorkel through a dash vent and spray--you have to disassemble things to get more direct access to the evaporator.

Well, I have the older foaming version and IMO it sounds like the newer version isn't really worth using...which is maybe why they came out with the "bomb" version. I hope the Nextzett-branded version goes back to the foaming--that's what really made this product so great, you didn't need go under the car and shoot up the evaporator drain, or take the dash apart.

Cruzscarwash
01-31-2017, 10:35 AM
I have had great success with using Lysol and just spray it into the intake vent under the wipers and then let it circulate in the interior for about 10 mins

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

dmayer
01-31-2017, 09:22 PM
Have you replaced the cabin air filter? Worked for me.

hi end auto
02-01-2017, 12:48 PM
my ozone machine works very well on this type of situations