PDA

View Full Version : Trying a different product for interior

Pages : [1] 2

BF4Noob73
11-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Currently I'm using meguiars ultimate protectant for the dash and all vinyl surfaces. I want to try areospace 303, do I have to strip the previous product or can I just apply over it? Does 303 on the door seals keep it from freezing during winter? How much UV protection does it offer?

Tempest45
11-02-2016, 01:37 PM
In my experience, 303 Aero works best on a clean surface. I would clean the surface of the existing dressing.

Don't know about the freezing.

Consider Optiseal for interiors instead. This will provide sealant level durability instead of a dressing.

BillyJack
11-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Does 303 on the door seals keep it from freezing during winter? How much UV protection does it offer?
303 is touted as offering considerable UV protection. With regard to door seals, I live in Western PA and my DD fleet stays outside 24/7. I had always cleaned my weatherstrips with APC, then used multiple apps of spray silicone, applied with a cotton rag. Last winter, I decided to try 303 AP. IMO, it was no better than silicone, just cleaner. This winter, I'm trying Gummi Phledge, based on the recommendations from folks here. We'll know more come spring.

Bill

SabbyNJ
11-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Sonax Dashboard Cleaner is well respected. I am personally getting that next. 303 is a good product, just wish they had a matte finish.

BillyJack
11-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Currently I'm using meguiars ultimate protectant for the dash and all vinyl surfaces. I want to try areospace 303, do I have to strip the previous product or can I just apply over it?
Personally, I wouldn't go to great lengths on preparation, since IMO, they're two similar products. Maybe give it a wipe with a mild APC solution, then go ahead and apply. Lately, I'm thinking of trying Tempest's idea with Optiseal for the winter on all but the leather and cloth of my DD. I normally use 303, Meg's UP or Meg's Natural Shine on the plastic and vinyl, Leather Masters on the leather, maintaining it all with OptiClean. I'll be going for 4-5 months with minimal maintenance on the interior, which should be an easy task for OptiSeal.

Bill

BF4Noob73
11-02-2016, 11:43 PM
I have mother's VLR, but the material on my car's dashboard is like a soft touch vinyl, is it okay clean it with? I had chemicals guys invisible nonsense cleaner, but it was misplaced. Thank you for all the replies.

AZpolisher15
11-02-2016, 11:50 PM
My hunch is this-- you'll end up "washing off" some of the UP with the 303. If some remains, your 303 may have a more glossy and perhaps slightly tacky finish. Will it hurt anything? No.

That said, I'd spray some apc on a towel, wipe things down, and then apply the 303. And you should be good to go. 303 is nice on door seals. Gummi Pfledge i like better. Seems to be a little more durable.

The Guz
11-03-2016, 12:08 AM
If you have some Meguiar's quik interior detailer that will work to remove ultimate protectant. You can apply 303 over that surface without any issues after it's cleaned.

willowcat11
11-03-2016, 02:03 AM
I only recommend Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, because I have tried a lot others, and it produces what I most want out of an interior protectant.

1. It can be used on Vinyl, and Leather Interior
2. It is VERY Durable! I've had mine on my Interior for 8 months now, and it is still going strong. Any food or drink spills just clean right up.
3. It does NOT leave a cheap, shiny, or greasy look or feel behind. It simply leaves an Enhanced look of your vinyl and leather.
4. If you know how WETS looks and feels for Exterior Trim. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant does the same for your Interior Vinyl and Leather.

willowcat11
11-03-2016, 02:18 AM
I only recommend Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, because I have tried a lot others, and it produces what I most want out of an interior protectant.

1. It can be used on Vinyl, and Leather Interior
2. It is VERY Durable! I've had mine on my Interior for 8 months now, and it is still going strong. Any food or drink spills just clean right up.
3. It does NOT leave a cheap, shiny, or greasy look or feel behind. It simply leaves an Enhanced look of your vinyl and leather.
4. If you know how WETS looks and feels for Exterior Trim. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant does the same for your Interior Vinyl and Leather.

TTQ B4U
11-03-2016, 06:16 AM
I LOVE 303 on interior dash and other panels. Leather wise, I'm just a snob and use something else, but outside that it's 303. I litterally have treated a really nice basket style hose real in my front yard which is all plastic and dark brown and that thing has sat through two seasons of west facing sun and outside for 6-7 months per year with ZERO fading. It still sheds water and looks brand new. I've treated it 1 to 2 times per year and that's it. Silly I know but it works great. I've also used it on a small dainty red chair my wife has outside and it's like new too.

Desertnate
11-03-2016, 08:13 AM
I've used Ultimate Interior Protestant, 303 and now I'm using McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant. I had no issues with any of them, but I think the McKee's is my favorite at the moment.

303 works OK on seals to keep them from freezing, but it isn't the best. I think Gummi Pfledge is better as a dedicated weather seal product.

BF4Noob73
11-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Does it really matter how areospace 303 is applied on interior vinyl? Like, spray directly onto the surface where product gets everywhere vs. spraying onto a terry applicator and wipe onto the surface.

BrutalNoodle
11-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Does it really matter how areospace 303 is applied on interior vinyl? Like, spray directly onto the surface where product gets everywhere vs. spraying onto a terry applicator and wipe onto the surface.

I prefer onto towel and then wipe. But if you like the direct approach, try transferring it into a small 2/4oz sprayer (beauty section at any big box store) so it's less messy that way.

AZpolisher15
11-03-2016, 09:17 PM

It doesn't really matter how you apply it. But if you wipe on with foam, you're going to want to do a second wipe with a towel anyway. It won't flash quite like the Wolfgang cockpit sealer, for example.

One reason to NOT spray directly on surfaces is so you don't have to deal with overspray. Not a big deal on lower door panels, but overspray is annoying near windows and trying to wipe it off glass.

It's easiest to just spray 303 on a towel and wipe things down. FYI It's Also nice on tires in a pinch.