PDA

View Full Version : SEMA 2016 New Product Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Nick McKees37
11-02-2016, 07:23 AM
There's A LOT of great new products that were officially unveiled yesterday. Click HERE (http://www.autogeek.net/sema-show-new-car-care-products.html) to check them out!

Griot''s Garage, Mothers, and Meguiar's have several new products that will whet your appetite for detailing. :dblthumb2:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Outstanding!

When is the news from FLEX, RUPES, Etc?

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Outstanding!

When is the news from FLEX, RUPES, Etc?

And Optimum?

WAXOFF
11-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Is Best of Show Detailer replacing Speed Shine. I see it's on back order.

Desertnate
11-02-2016, 10:20 AM
The Sonax products look interesting.

The new polish caught my attention and I'm on the hunt for a mid-level polish like Menzerna 2500, or Wolfgang Swirl Remover, that allows me to correct hard paint in one step. The Sonax is actually the price leader in this instance.

Coatings are intriguing now that I've got a couple of successful applications under my belt using McKee's 37, but cost and the two-step nature of this Sonax entry may give me pause. I look forward to a product intro.

The Guz
11-02-2016, 11:16 AM
And Optimum?

Maybe this will wet your appetite. Posted by Yvan in the facebook group.

Opti-Coat PPF
Opti-Metal Coating
Optimum Spray in Bedliner
White waffle pad

Dereksdtail
11-02-2016, 11:21 AM

Opti-Coat PPF
Opti-Metal Coating
White waffle pad

They also have a new clay towel out soon

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Optimum Spray in Bedliner?

PA DETAILER
11-02-2016, 11:26 AM
WOW! I have been looking at the new offerings from griots/megs/mothers. Really a lot of new products to try out!!

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Optimum Spray in Bedliner?

I'm guessing it will be a Pro-only product, that is the one product they have given some detail on at the OPT forum.

RaskyR1
11-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Is Best of Show Detailer replacing Speed Shine. I see it's on back order.

I was told no.

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2016, 06:39 PM

Opti-Coat PPF
Opti-Metal Coating
White waffle pad

They also have a new clay towel out soon

Ok, I just listened to their SEMA podcast, and since we don't seem to be getting this info anywhere, I'll condense what I got from listening for an hour (SMH).

Bedliner is water based, easy to apply. It will be a consumer product, available next month. You need to scuff the paint first with an abrasive nylon cup brush on a rotary. Coating is two layers and is sprayed on with the same gun used for Opti-Bond. Bottom layer is matte finish, top layer is shiny (or you can just use one or the other). Is UV stable. Will be available in a kit with the gun, cup brush, and product for ~$300 (yikes).

Opti-Coat PPF. Extremely clear, "hard shell", non-yellowing. 7-year lifespan, harder to scratch than other films, very "flat" (no orange peel). Made in USA with Dr. G's input, including the adhesive. No "silvering" of adhesive (whatever that is).

Opti-Metal coating...for raw metals. Dr. G has been working on this for many years. Far superior to Opti-Coat for this purpose. Withstands exhaust heat. I am unclear whether this is a pro-only product or if it is consumer also.

New white waffle polishing pad--I guess this slots in between the orange and blue waffle pads.

As far as the clay towel, I'm not sure this is "new", but I guess they haven't had their blue (fine) clay towel for a year and a half apparently, so it's back in stock in a new version.

There was some allusion to more new products in future podcasts, so I guess there is still hope for a tire coating and a non-staining version of ONR. There was also some brief mention of Thursday so I'm not sure if that is going to be a further introduction day of something else.

Jaddie
11-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Setec, thank you very much for sharing!

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Setec, thank you very much for sharing!

Sure Jaddie; I didn't want anyone else to have to sit through an hour to get that info. I really dislike podcasts because with today's cheap bandwidth, etc.--there is no editing, so you have to listen to a lot of ums and pauses and tangents, and there is no index or good way to skip through or find what you are interested in. At least with a print release you can skip to where you want, or even a YouTube these days, you can preview it to perhaps skip to where you want to be.

I'm not sure why the new product info hasn't been (officially) posted here or at the OPT forum, unless tomorrow is the actual release.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood--I think the white waffle is a cutting pad so it's actually more aggressive than the orange...there is already a black pad slotted between the orange and blue.

Meghan
11-03-2016, 08:10 AM
There are so many amazing products this week at SEMA, going to be fun trying them out! Great show this year.