PDA

View Full Version : DP Gel Wheel Cleaner question

mtsl500
06-28-2006, 12:01 PM
So I was looking at ordering the Wheel Cleaner and in reading the description I come across this :

In fact, Gel Wheel Cleaner can even be used to remove bugs, tar, and sap from your vehicle’s paint.

Has anyone tried this? Would it be smart to dilute the cleaner or use it straight on? It would save me from ordering Poorboys Bug Squash and I could just upgrade to a larger size of the product.

mt

supercharged
06-28-2006, 02:39 PM
you can go either way, although I like using products what they are labeled for.
Keep in mind though that either of those products (DP, PB) will bemove any wax protection you have, wheather it's a sealant or wax. It won't harm your finish though.

FloridaNative
06-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Does Bug Squash remove wax?? When I used it diluted with 3 parts water, I noticed no change in beading at all on my hood.

ScottB
06-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Does Bug Squash remove wax?? When I used it diluted with 3 parts water, I noticed no change in beading at all on my hood.

It could likely remove or reduce some benefits from the carnuaba when used at or near full strength, but wont make a serious dent in a paint sealant.

I just finished using the DP Wheel Gel on wifes car. Great product to use twice weekly. Never used any wheel cleaner on paint, just seems to be outside my personal logic and safety zone.