PDA

View Full Version : Pvd wheels sealant

2quiker
11-01-2016, 04:17 PM
I have an f150 with pvd wheels, they basically a clear coated wheel. So my question is what can use to protect them. Pvd venders recommend others synthetic wax. For what a gather i should treat them like a vehicle paint but I am curious what else can be used or what other sealants, waxes has people used? I currently have blackfire wet diamond sealant that i love on my cars.has anyone used blackfire wet diamond on pvd wheels?

Rsurfer
11-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I have an f150 with pvd wheels, they basically a clear coated wheel. So my question is what can use to protect them. Pvd venders recommend others synthetic wax. For what a gather i should treat them like a vehicle paint but I am curious what else can be used or what other sealants, waxes has people used? I currently have blackfire wet diamond sealant that i love on my cars.has anyone used blackfire wet diamond on pvd wheels?

Blackfire paint sealant is great for paint, but you will be better off using Blackfire Metal Sealant for your wheels (heat).

FUNX650
11-01-2016, 06:58 PM
I have an f150 with pvd wheels

So my question is
what can use to protect them?

Mothers All-Chrome Quick Polish Detailer and Protectant.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_15492.JPG

Bob

stormsearch
11-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Been using Optimum Spray Wax as a final drying/cleaning app on my PVD wheels. I think if you apply any type of wax and do it often it shouldn't really matter. I like anytype of spray wax that is cheap. I've been washing my wheels about 1/month and so far so good.

BadgerRivFan
11-02-2016, 06:23 AM
I use DP (now McKees 37) wheel coating on my PVD coated wheels and it works great!

So much easier to clean and maintain. No bonding problems and no harm done to the wheels.

Skip the sealants and go right to a coating. You will be happier in the long run.

2quiker
11-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Have u tried the blackfire metal sealant on pvd wheels?

MikeC78
11-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Hydro has become my favorite for wheels, for ease of us and durability. Every couple months, just spray on and hose away. Doesn't get any easier than that.

chadcj7
11-02-2016, 02:08 PM
I have a 2016 f150 with the PVD wheels as well. I have been washing them with Eagle one wheel cleaner before the truck itself. After washing the truck I dry them off then go around a second time with Meg's ultimate Ayurveda wax and that seems to help with cleaning them in the future and protecting them. Easy to spread and doesn't streak.

I just wish I could find something that I feel is safe like Eagle one for PVD but with a little more cleaning power.

Rsurfer
11-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Have u tried the blackfire metal sealant on pvd wheels?

No, but PVD is chrome so BMS will not harm the wheels. PVD is very durable, so don't be paranoid on which sealants/coatings you will be using. If it is safe for paint, it will be safe on your powder coated wheels. If you can put BMS on polished aluminum it should be safe for all wheels except maybe matte black wheels and only because of the sheen it might give.

2quiker
11-02-2016, 09:47 PM
I have a 2016 f150 with the PVD wheels as well. I have been washing them with Eagle one wheel cleaner before the truck itself. After washing the truck I dry them off then go around a second time with Meg's ultimate Ayurveda wax and that seems to help with cleaning them in the future and protecting them. Easy to spread and doesn't streak.

I just wish I could find something that I feel is safe like Eagle one for PVD but with a little more cleaning power.

I also use eagle one wheel and tire cleaner and eagle one pvd & aluminum wheel cleaner, works pretty good. After a good wash and dry i hit with some invisible glass.

Meg's ultimate Ayurveda wax?

2quiker
11-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I dont know about the durability of pvd, over at the f150 forum there is quite of bit of posts about it peeling. Some of course with wrong cleaners used but others not. I just dont want to have a chemical burn on them since it just a plastic clear coat. In my opinion their kind a pain, seems as i am polishing fine scratches every 3-4 weeks.

Crispy
11-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Mothers All Chrome is not for clear coated wheels.

Not sure what PVD wheels mean.

Clear Coat is like the paint on the rest of your car.

Only difference is the harsher enviroment, and need for more protection.