PDA

View Full Version : dealer induced scratches

Road Kill
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I have a PC, Lake Country pads orange & white, only have Z-PC polish. What would people recommend to deal with some scratches put in car by dealer? scratch is shallow but wide , I hesitate to call it a scratch but don't know how else to describe, it does not photograph and is very hard to notice except in proper light. It looks like something somewhat soft slid against the fender. Car is a Vette, sure I could have had them "fix" it, no way was I going to let these freaks touch my car again, I probably should have a pro do it and bill them, but then I'd likely have to pursue them in court. In any event I have decided to do it myself. They also put in scuff marks that I was able to remove, apparently it was only in the sealant. If I am lucky, most or all of these scratches are in the sealant as well. It is possible that whatever slid across left material and did not damage paint, what would you do?

Mike T
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Sounds kinda like marring(very fine) scratches. In which case you should be able to remove with your PC, the white pad, and a mild abrasive polish.

D
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Vette clears are the hardest clears Ive ever worked on. I dont think Id ever touch one with a PC again. Unless there was some tricky spot I couldnt get to with the rotary. Id go straight to the orange pad with the Z- PC. I havent used Z- PC, so I dont know how strong it is. It might or might not be strong enough though.

Where are you located?

Gary Sword
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I purchased a new black Z06 a few weeks ago. After getting the car home and inspecting it with halogens I could see a lot of light scratches on parts of the car which were not noticable when it was in the dealer's showroom. Menzerna Miicro Polish did a great job getting the scratches out will little effort. I used it with both a metabo and a PC with a white LC pad.

ltoman
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Yah tell me about this problem! Mine still isn't fixed right.