PDA

View Full Version : What type of promotions do you run if any?

TTQ B4U
10-31-2016, 08:36 AM
Looking at ways to drive interest and fill days that I might have open.

What types of promotions or specials do you all run that you feel work and help drive interest?

dlc95
10-31-2016, 08:47 AM
I'm generally offering 10% off from Nov 1st - April 1st. Winter gets pretty slow for me here in MI. However, teaching drums increases.

Audios S6
10-31-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't think promotions are a way to fill days you might have open, that's a way to increase overall interest. To backfill random openings I think you are better off building a relationship with a dealer, custom builder, fleet owner or similar party.

Set up a system where, when you have a free day, you stop out to touch up any damage you find on their lot. You, some touch up paint, and a Rupes Nano.

Or a system where you prep auction acquisitions when you have free days.

The only promotions a do are minor discounts or free add-ons for referrals. Give a guy an upgrade from a normal dressing to something like UTTG or WETS or a windshield coating. Those have actually paid off big for me as the client feels like they got something for free, then they specifically ask for the upgrade next time you do the car. I've found the glass coating works great for cars with crappy factory or replaced glass and the trim upgrade is awesome for trucks with bed covers. Those people really can't live without it once they've had it. Generate new sales and generate add-on sales.

Cruzscarwash
10-31-2016, 10:32 AM
i have a lot of military customers so I give huge discounts for spouses of deployed members and sometimes even just a free quick wash. I really did it just to give back as I know the hardship they are going through but it ended up generating ALOT of business for me.

I also run contest, like share/like my page for a chance to win a free XXXX and that has not only spread the word about my business but also brought in a lot of new clients

MikeC78
10-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Here's a local special. :laughing:

Cruzscarwash
10-31-2016, 10:44 AM
Here's a local special. :laughing:

holy crap!!

Eldorado2k
10-31-2016, 02:09 PM
holy crap!!

Holy crap what?

Sean M at ShowShine
10-31-2016, 03:37 PM
damn thats cheap

Eldorado2k
10-31-2016, 04:03 PM
damn thats cheap

Maybe so... Or maybe it sounds a whole lot greater than it actually entails. For example we can see he doesn't mention anything about claybar, so that could very well mean his definition of "wax" at least for this perticular package is simply a spray wax, which technically qualifies just fine considering the price.

So if all he really needs to do is:
Wash vehicle
Spray Wax as a drying aid
Clean wheels & tires [this is always standard procedure]
Clean interior and exterior windows [always standard procedure]
Vacuum [always standard procedure]
Shampoo [this could actually be done pretty half arse if the person is a corner cutting/budget/time type of detailer] Judging by the price of the package, I assume this is the quikest version of a "shampoo" there could be. Something like a quik foaming carpet cleaner on the matts and a quik run over the upholstery and he's done with the mini detail version of "shampoo"
Dress all leather & vinyl [you know how fast and Mickey Mouse they do this step at your local Hand Car Wash. A foam block applictator and 3min. later, he's done]
Rain X [I honestly don't even know how long this actually takes, but it can't take too long]

When it's all said and done, if done that way [and it smells like it is done that way based on what I see offered] It's really just a Glorified car wash @ $75 bucks a pop. And $75 bucks for just washing a car aint too bad. Not to mention he can upsell once he's in front of his customer, so part of this is a lure tactic just to get the juices flowing.

Same way CruzCarwash mentioned giving away 1 car wash per customer or something... Some people would say that's ridiculous, aint no way giving away a free wash is a good thing to do.. But it pays off for him on the rebound...

Jowillie
11-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Some good advise above.
In general marketing experience--if you rely on deep discounts to generate business, the customer will only buy the discount price. "Live by low price--die by low price."
First, you have to reach both new customers and existing (or previous) customers. Awareness of your product and service is most important.
Second, Value added features make more sense than deep discounts. For example, include a special that doesn't cost you an arm/leg. Make sure you promote the benefit of the bonus instead of the product name. Tell them what the benefit bonus means to them. (i.e.."..and get extra shine and pre-winter protection." And you add a simple spray sealant/wax or window treatment, etc.) If they really like the benefit of that package--up-sell to a more solid service like a full sealant or coating. "If you like the idea of protection for all winter, let me show you our choices for full paint protection."
Most of all, They can't buy your service if they don't know about your service. Hit the street. Mention your offer to everyone most likely to need and appreciate it.
Contact your previous customers. If they refer new customers give them a simple cloth to wipe their interior between washes.
It's a numbers game. It all adds up to that bottom line at the end of the month. Promote the value you make for the customer. Do what it takes to make the customer feel good about you and what you do for them.