PDA

View Full Version : CarPro sprayers are unusable. What to replace with?

Hantra
10-30-2016, 08:34 PM
So far, I've bought a few bottles of IronX, and 2 bottles of TarX. The product is amazing. But I swear, the sprayers are absolutely junk. After a few sprays, they're leaking product everywhere, and barely even spraying anymore. This hasn't changed in the several years I've been using their products.

Does anyone know what sprayer will fit onto the smaller CarPro bottles?

Thanks.

Eldorado2k
10-30-2016, 10:19 PM
They're standard size diameter wise. I'd recommend the Tolco Chemical resistant sprayer [gray 1] they're sold individually or in 3pk. You'll just need to cut the stem a bit to fit down into the small .5L Carpro bottles.

http://www.autogeek.net/hiouchresp3.html

VISITOR
10-30-2016, 10:26 PM
IIRC the sprayers that come with the carpro products (or at least ironx) do not have the metal spring inside which will potentially react with the product inside the bottle. if you use a different sprayer just make sure to flush it out with water before putting it back inside the bottle...

TTQ B4U
10-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Here I thought I was the only one. I was just telling a friend/neighbor who came over while I was organizing my chemical cabinet about this issue. I tend to rinse out and keep a number of empties from just about any and all products as it's amazing when you might need a new sprayer or bottle for something. In the case of Iron X and Tri X I have a couple of each.

What I've found is best with them is to remove the sprayer after each use, run clean water through it or soapy/rinseless water that I may have from the wash that I'm doing through it. Then put the original plain top back on it and store the two away from one another. Since I've been doing this I've had no problems.

ShineDoc
10-31-2016, 06:18 AM
If the sprayers didn't leak their sales would plummet. I love the product also but.

FUNX650
10-31-2016, 11:40 AM
That stuff's too expensive to waste.
I dump it right into this container:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_1403.JPG

Bob

Cruzscarwash
10-31-2016, 12:17 PM
how is that sprayer? I saw them but wasn't sure if the pattern would be good or not, ive bought the HD chemical spray heads off here and while not all are perfect I get maybe one bad one out of 5

DasBurninator
10-31-2016, 01:07 PM
how is that sprayer? I saw them but wasn't sure if the pattern would be good or not, ive bought the HD chemical spray heads off here and while not all are perfect I get maybe one bad one out of 5

The Tolco grey sprayers are nicer IMO.

glfnaz
10-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Tolco Grey Chemical sprayers are all I use.

Newtons4thLaw
03-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Shouldn't we be using the Tolco Black/Gold acid resistant sprayers over the Tolco Grey chemical sprayers? I read somewhere that the Black/Gold ones have Vition Seals, no metal, and they dump product back into the bottle instead of keeping it in the spray head.