PDA

View Full Version : Glazes

Pages : [1] 2

Spowell637
10-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Which Glaze is the safest to use,nay weekly, Adams, Meguiars #7 or any other?
Thanks in advance

FUNX650
10-30-2016, 07:27 PM
Which Glaze is the safest to use,nay weekly, Adams, Meguiars #7 or any other?
Thanks in advance
If the glazes are the archetypical "glazing
products", that you're going to use to
enhance the shine, depth, clarity---the
overall smoothness of the paint, as it
were---before applying a Wax...

Then, IMO, most any glaze would be
"safe" to use weekly. But why on earth
would you want to?!?!

Don't forget:
You'd also have to Wax weekly.

Bob

TTQ B4U
10-30-2016, 07:47 PM
what would cause the need to glaze weekly? Put on a couple coats of a good quality glaze and if you still see swirls, etc. to an extreme, just polish and be done with it. in the end, two coats of a good glaze followed by a top notch sealant and you should be good for a while.

MikeC78
10-30-2016, 08:33 PM
IMO, glazes have their place... they work well for vehicles with not much clear to correct. I'd rather spend my time with with a light polish or AIO like HD speed and be done with it.

custmsprty
10-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Glazes are like crack, you always have to go back, so just say NO!

Eldorado2k
10-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Glazes are like crack, you always have to go back, so just say NO!

More like b*** crack. Lol.

Spowell637
10-31-2016, 07:08 AM
Its for a show car. Paints is flawless. Looking for some EXTRA pop!

TTQ B4U
10-31-2016, 07:16 AM
Its for a show car. Paints is flawless. Looking for some EXTRA pop!

Coat it and be done.

Eldorado2k
10-31-2016, 07:23 AM
If OP is simply looking to see if there's a user friendly glaze available to add some extra pop to his garage queen before a car show I see nothing wrong with that.. We have to remember that there's still plenty of people and situations where we still do this for "therapeutic" reasons aka enjoyment. Not everyone is detailing at the same speed and needing to accomplish the same goals. Different strokes...

Desertnate
10-31-2016, 07:40 AM
While glazes have their place in the world, and I publicly admit to using them, I agree their use may be a bit understood in the OP's situation.

There aren't a lot of detail being provided by the OP in his post for us to really use for advice. Should we run with the garage queen/show car scenario that is brought out on a weekly basis, I'd say fully correct the car and then go with a high-end spray wax of some sort for that "Wow factor" when the car make an appearance. I don't view glazes as a maintenance product.

OP: If you really feel you want to go for a glaze, I'd recommend Prima Amigo or Poorboys White Diamond/Black Hole.

ronkh57
10-31-2016, 08:11 AM
Poorboys world
Back hole or white diamond

Eldorado2k
10-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Should we run with the garage queen/show car scenario that is brought out on a weekly basis, I'd say fully correct the car and then go with a high-end spray wax of some sort for that "Wow factor" when the car make an appearance.

Ok, I've got my suggestion for him now. You mentioned spray wax, and yea he could easily find 1 that would finish out with ideal results, however his paint will most likely start off having at least a very light layer of dust [assuming it's a car show status car like he described]
All things taken into consideration, I'd either recommend Meguiars Last Touch, because it can finish out on par, if not better than some of the quality spray waxes available today, while being able to handle itself on a dusty vehicle, whereas spray wax cannot accomplish that part of the task.

The other product you might want to consider is Carpro Reload. IMO that spray sealant will go beyond what the typical glaze can do looks wise on your paint. Plus it's a whole lot quiker and easier. The only thing of course is the paint must be completely clean before you use it because it's not a "quik detail spray"

Desertnate
10-31-2016, 08:33 AM
The only thing of course is the paint must be completely clean...

I was going off that as an assumption...probably should not have. You bring up a good point about the car being dusty. If we factor in the car being dusty, maybe the best route would be a waterless wash with lots of wax in it like the Pinnacle or Wolfgang products? Spray wax or even a glaze would not be good idea on a dusty car.

Lots of unknown variables at this point...

FUNX650
10-31-2016, 08:52 AM
Its for a show car. Paints is flawless.
Looking for some EXTRA pop!
Either of these are perfect for your scenario:

•3M Imperial Hand Glaze
•3M Perfect-It II Foam Polishing Pad Glaze-Dark
•Mothers California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze
•Finish Kare 303 Foam Pad Glaze

Bob

chet31
11-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Poorboy's Black Hole did nothing for me and was the final nail in the coffin with my experimentation with glazes. E-Z Creme was the first disappointment, Black Hole was the second and final. Did not fill. Did not improve gloss. I keep my clear coat in good condition, maybe that was the problem, but I found that these glazes did not even fill minor swirling. What worked for me for some final pop - Menzerna PO85RD, now known as SF3800.