PDA

View Full Version : When you can't do it all at once

roswell630
10-28-2016, 11:14 PM
Hey everyone. I just wanted to put this out, which is something that has helped me keep track. If you're like me, with 2 kids a 2 and 6 year old, time gets lost and your memory may also. I made this to help me remember what step I'm at when I can only do a little at time. I've tried to remember what side, wheel, window I've done, but I always forget. Keep it simple.

Laminate this if you can and use a whiteboard marker. Done.

Hope this helps!

dcjredline
10-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Neat idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSKR
10-29-2016, 05:54 AM
Post it note.always try to finish a whole panel then stop.I leave tape on corrections where to pickup again the very next day such as a scratch or starting again in the middle of a panel etc.Especially on white rv and white airplanes.

GSKR
10-29-2016, 06:00 AM
Leave your post it note in your car,driving around town with tape and post it notes you will get some strange looks.I also have colored magnet squares that I will stick to paint on where to pick up again.

Paul A.
10-29-2016, 08:49 AM
I use Mike's VIF for when i do this sort of thing on mine or the wife's car. Same idea and i like the split photo idea, roswell. In addition to that, i document work performed more specifically in my iPad. For example, "corrected deep scratch on rear passenger quarter with xxx on a yyy pad" etc. I like to keep track of specific additional spot work. I also try to stop at a seam if i can't finish the whole side. In addition to documenting it graphically i may (may) remember what door edge i stopped at.

GS2011
10-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Very helpful idea - thanks! :dblthumb2: